Monday, August 16, 2010

I Scream For Ice Cream!!


I am a Dueling Darling Dazzler!

Our August challenge was to create a card using the kit provided by Jeanette (Forest Ranger), a dear friend over at SplitcoastStampers. The items from the kit that I used on my card include:

Image by CC Designs: Sweet KiKi LaRue

Designer Paper: Doodle Design, Inc. You Scream, Ice Cream and a piece of Colorbok teal colored vellum.

Ribbon: Dashes, Dots & Checks in yellow

I began by coloring in the image with Copic markers (we thankfully got 4 copies of the image to use and this is my 4th copy!), then cut her out using a Spellbinders oval die. I cut the teal colored vellum with a Spellbinders scalloped oval and layered the 2 together. I also used a spare piece of the teal vellum to create the scalloped layer below the yellow ribbon.

This was the very first card kit I have used to create a card...a bit of a challenge for me but it was fun. Part of me wanted to use everything that came in the kit, but I forced myself to edit some of what I had used.

I hope you enjoy my creation as much as I enjoyed putting it together!

Thank you for taking a peek!

Terry

9 comments:

  1. Oh Terry... your card is so sweet and yummy! I love how you colored the image - perfect! Your layout is awesome! I love the corner treatments... and the way you used the vellum is inspiriting! Such a beautiful card. It's been such fun seeing your creation!

    Dazzle on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet! I luv her and how you designed around the image and the kit pieces! What a wonderful journey we have embarked on!

    Congrats on the blog....fabby~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations...you are a blogger!
    Your card is so cute! I love the way you used the card kit, and Ki Ki is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry--your card is so darn cute. Love the design and all of your colors.

    Great to see your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty!!! Your coloring is wonderful. Love how you used the corner punch too. Congratulations on having a blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Terry! Love the corner elements on your card!! Your Sweet Kiki LaRue is beautifully colored!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woww...wonderful,sweet & squared card my sweet wingpit sistah! I just love how U left Ki Ki's dress collar and her socks white...the whole colored image looks stunning against the oval white nestie b/ground and the added corners complete this beauty wonderfully. Very stunning and elagant card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terry! I love your blog!

    Also, that is a great way to showcase that vellum! very pretty :)
    Cutie, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooowheee...Terry, great card and congrats on the blog...great job. I love your card and the way you put it together...it looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete