Monday, June 17, 2013

Flip Flops and Sunshine Duel

Hi everyone! I am late for this months duel, so sorry!

Hostess for the Dazzlers this round was Melina, and for the Divas the hostess was Carol. They came up with a fun summery theme of "Flip Flops and Sunshine".

Melina sent us a kit full of fun summer papers and embellishments to use.

Here is the outside of my card. I used the strip of stamped flip flops:


and here is the inside:


From the kit, I was able to use the following items:
  • Images and wording: CTMH - August Word Puzzle
  • Papers: DCWV - stack 6, MME - Where the Heart Is, Recollections - All Seasons, Pacific Point - SU!
  • Die cut: Sun - Cricut (Cheerful Seasons)
  • Rhinestones: Studio G
Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to check out all of the Darlings creations, blogs are in my right sidebar! See you at the next duel!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Hey Terry! This is GREAT! Love the creative way that you cut the flip flop strip, creates interest! You are not as late as I am, my post just went up.

    Hugs & best wishes for some "fun in the sun"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card, Terry! Love the texture and the sun peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terry! Super fun summer card! Love the way you angled the flipflop image panel...very dynamic! And the sun diecut peaking out behind the fun dsp and image panel...perfection!!! Love the white textured background too!
    Great inside panels too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry I love how you cut the strip at a slant! That is awesome and like mine I love making the sun peak out from behind the scenes! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job Terry! I love the flip flop strip and that you cut them at an angle! I think the inside of your card is fun too--it really screams summer and I think it may be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, Terry! Great design with the wee sideways paper - fun and summery!
    Congrats to you, too! WOOHOO!

    Blessings to a wonderful start to the summer! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I haven't posted a comment on this awesome card. I guess I was dreaming because I stopped by when you said it was up and was sure I had left a comment...ok enough about that..Can I just say....AWESOME...in my best Oprah voice. I love your panel and layout on the front of the card and the sun peeking out behind...You rocked this my friend...Congrats on your good news as well....(((Hugs))) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if this isn't the cutest flip flop card! Love it!!!

    I also love the changes to your blog! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I love how your image is cut on a diagonal. The interior of the card is just as cute as the exterior. Great job on this round!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome summer card WPS!
    totally LOVE your layout design my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete