Friday, October 18, 2013

Trick or Treat?

" Trick or Treats ,
smell my feet,
OR
give me something
sweet to eat..."
 
Hello Darling Dazzlers,
For this round, my partner Judy and I would like
for you to share your view on Halloween...
Do you celebrate it? If so, what's your favorite part ?
(eating candy is NOT an optional answer...lol)
Please share one (or more) of the following suggestions :
a trick, a treat, a recipe, fav. costume, fav. decoration, fun times..etc...
 
Pictures are always a welcome visual too!
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU ALL!!
 
The following are the items I included in the kit you received :
 
Stamps (all from SU) : "Haunting Halloween" (cat, cauldron + 2sentiments)
"Booglie Eyes" (mummy) & "Best Fiend" (sentiment)
D/P : Wicked Fun (SU); Halloween Characters & Small Dots (both from Michaels)
Black w/ silver thread (handmade DP from Costco)
Accessories : 'Boo To You' (CB folder) ; 'Black Bat's (Sizzix Die) ; 2 Halloween ribbons (Michaels) ;
1 XLrg orange brad by Elements/Am. Crafts ; sm. spiders from Recollections ;
pumpkins dimentionals stickers ;
2 sets of Googlie eyes (Dollar store) ; 'Bootiful' brads from Sprinkles
 
Looking forward to see what you'll create with the kit!! *Have FUN Dazzlers*!
 
xox
*Paola*
 
 
So, that was the challenge given to us by our dear friend Paola (a.k.a. my WPS).
 
I have had a hard time crafting lately and finally made my card. Here it is:
 


I don't celebrate Halloween anymore, our neighborhood doesn't have Trick ot Treating either, so it's just another day for us.

When we were little though, is another story! We would get dressed up and walk around the huge block we lived on (recently I walked around that block and tracked it through my iPod and Nike Walk app.....it is .75 mile from door to door.....that's a far walk when you have little legs!)

Here is my favorite picture from a Halloween past......I am the clown in the front. Also pictured are my 2 older sisters Michele and Lynn, along with cousins Jeff, Dan and Diane. No one knows who the skeleton is though.


Thanks for stopping by.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Terry--your card is wonderful. I love that you highlighted some of the wonderful DSP you received from Paola--and those spiders are a perfect addition.

    Love the picture--you were a very cute clown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used purple to give the card a pop of color. The DP was fun and you used it well.

    You were so cute! I am laughing at the fact that no one knows who the heck Skeletor is! Random! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off your card is awesome..love what you did with the kit. Second you were such a cute little clown. How fun is that...Thanks for sharing your picture and you card...great job my friend..♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Looks like you too favored the DP I did. Love how you layered the mummy with the circles. And he is perfectly embellished with spiders on either side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holeeeee hallowww!! love love lOVEEE the use of purple c/s on your card and it makes it pop,especially in the main frame highlightin the 'critters' d/p! BOOtyful card indeed!! Glad you liked the kit and that U had fun creating with it...Txs for sharing memories and picture...U were such an adorable clown!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry!

    this is such a cute card! and I love google eyes!

    Fun picture from when you were younger. I don't think I have many of me from those days......maybe one!

    XOXOXO LJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terry! What an adorable card! Love that dsp with all the Halloween creatures on it and that cute mummy or is it a ghost?!? The additions of the ribbon and the spiders are just the right touch! Thanks for sharing your Halloween remembrances and especially that darling pix. You are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, Terry! Love the purple & black together, really makes the whole thing pop!

    How great is that picture?! You are super sweet in the clown outfit, and what a hoot that no one knows who the skeleton is! LOL

    Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete