In this monthly challenge you will see cards or projects that will make a mess, a hot mess of work spaces, fingers, clothes and anything I touch! But from the "hot mess" comes success, a beautiful creation to share with you!
My fellow Hot Mess ~ Success crafters are Barb, Jeanette and Kelly. Make sure you visit their blogs to see their hot mess creations! All you have to do is click on their names above.
For this first challenge, I tried a technique that I have never done before using the Shaving Cream tutorial on Splitcoaststampers!
What I needed and used for my background:
- Shaving cream
- Re-inkers (I used Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Baja Breeze and Bordering Blue)
- Paper plate
- Toothpicks
- Large putty knife
Following the tutorial I linked above I was able to create some cool backgrounds:
And here is my final card:
I used a sentiment from Unity Stamp Co, and flower dies from MFT to finish it off. I think it turned out nice!
Thank you for stopping by! There will be a new Hot Mess ~ Success every 2nd Monday of each month. Come back to see what messes I create!



What a fabulous monochromatic result from the technique, and some stunning backgrounds Terry. Your card is striking too
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
I love your card. I cannot believe this is the first time you have tried this! I hope you enjoyed it and I so glad you agreed to go on this challenge journey with us!
ReplyDeleteOh Terry, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the color scheme! And I love that you are so messy! I mean, creative! :) I did a shaving cream originally then switched it up :) WTG on trying this technique - it's addicting! A real beauty - here's to September's messy chicks!
ReplyDeleteTerry, welcome to the world of messies! ;) We four are going to have so much fun, aren't we? And look at your gorgeous card! WOW! Love the flowers and great sentiment and of course the gorgeous piece you created with the shaving cream technique. True beauty!
ReplyDelete