Saturday, October 12, 2019

Hot Mess Monday....on a Saturday!

Hi everyone! It's Hot Mess Monday....on a Saturday! 

In this monthly challenge you will see cards or projects that will make a mess, a hot mess of work spaces, fingers, clothes and anything I touch! But from the "hot mess" comes success, a beautiful creation to share with you!

My fellow Hot Mess ~ Success crafters are
 BarbJeanette and Kelly. Make sure you visit their blogs to see their hot mess creations! All you have to do is click on their names above.

We were originally posting on the 2nd Monday of the month, but things changed and we are now posting on the 12th of every month. So this month, the 12th falls on a Saturday. Hot Mess Saturday just doesn't flow as easy as Monday did. LOL!

Barb challenged us this month to create a Halloween card, using black or orange, or both!

I tried another new to me technique of coloring a background with soap bubbles! In a small bowl I mixed a small amount of liquid dish soap with some water and several drops of an orange re-inker. I mixed that solution with a drinking straw, and then proceeded to blow into the mixture creating bubbles:


I then gently touched my cardstock to the bubbles, creating a very soft, subtle background:


From there I stamped my Hero Arts images, and colored them in. I also added Wink of Stella on the stars, the witches hair and the cauldron. Here is my final card:



I wish I could have gotten a darker background, but it just didn't work. I don't think I will be doing this technique again in the future, but I'm glad I tried it!

Thank you for stopping by! 




4 comments:

  1. Ohhh Terry, this is all treats and no tricks! Such a fabulous outcome - love the simplicity (softness) of your background and the wonderful Halloween focal point - such a great balance if you ask me! Very VERY Halloween! and BIG Hugs to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, I giggled at your comment about the date/day of the week. This has been a bit confusing, but we'll get there.

    Your card this month is oh so fun! I love how the bubbles gave a subtle touch of color to the paper. And that witch is a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is too cute. I love the technique and your image is very sweet! Sorry for the confusion on the date and Hot Mess Monday is a perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Terry this is awesome. I love the background, the layout and the way you colored the image. Great job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete