Friday, January 28, 2011

Calendar Girls Blog Group January Challenge

Happy 28th everyone! Today is the first official posting to the Calendar Girls challenges! A group of friends over at SCS decided to form this group and come up with a fun name which we decided to be "Calendar Girls". We each got to choose a month to be hostess and come up with a challenge for everyone to complete and post on the 28th of every month. I have been given the title of "Miss April".....so you'll get to see my challenge in a couple months and I have some great ideas already!

Jeanette a.k.a. "Miss January" is hostess this month. She challenged us to make a card, ABAC or project reflecting the month we have....which means that I was to make a project that reflected the month of April. Other instructions for the project were to use our favorite embellishment and to use our newest paper crafting toy/tool.

Here is my project:



When you look at this, you're probably thinking "how does that reflect the month of April?". Well, here is my explanation:

1. Hot chocolate is good any time of year.
2. The background DP has the words to the song "Let it Snow" written out.
3. When I cut my husband Steve's hair, I sing the song "Let It Snow" as I am doing it because the gray hairs that fall remind me of snow falling.
4. Steve's birthday is in April.

Make sense? I hope everyone could follow my train of thought :-)

OK....so for the other 2 parts of the challenge:

1. My favorite embellishment is the silver metal dots in the corners. I love these and have them in several colors. They are so much easier to use than a brad and they look nice and neat.

2. My newest paper crafting toy/tool is the mitten Nestibilities. Aren't they cute??

Here is the inside of my project:



I made this using a template that Theresa Momber posted on her blog. I love her work!

Inside the card is a little pocket that holds 3 packets of hot cocoa mix! I just love this and wish I would have seen it before the holidays. These will make cute gifts for next year :-)

Thank you all for looking! I hope you enjoyed my January project!

Terry

Paper: SU Kraft, DP Making Memories
Stamps: Gina K
Ink: SU Cherry Cobbler, SU Soft Suede
Accessories: Nesties, silver metal dots

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful creation!
    I love your explanation - almost 6 degrees of separation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding Terry--Perfect use of the theme and I so LOVED your story! Cute card and I do love your mitten. Sweet background paper too. Way to go Miss April! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is too too cute, Terry! I love everything about it... the mitten (I think I might NEED to get that nestability now. LOL!), the designer paper, the holder! Wow! I'm drooling!!!

    I loved reading the story/explanation of how you came up with your idea for the theme, too. Thanks for sharing!

    Well done, Miss April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! And I love your story about Uncle Steve's haircuts. I love how "out of the box" you went with this theme...you are sooo creative. I too think I need this mitten!!!! Love your colors and DP. Outstanding Miss April!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Terry, this is adorable! What a fabulous mitten die -- too cute! And hot cocoa! you can't go wrong there! What a beautiful design - amazing job this month, girl! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuteness!!!! I did not know that there was a mitten Nestability. For shame! I love how it has the embossed edge and the mitten detail. The kraft paper makes the project perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes perfect sense to me... The mitten is adorable and so is the hot cocoa pocket. Thanks also for sharing the link to the instructions. What a great project for this challenge. You've picked the perfect papers and embellies...Well done my friend. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Terry, this is darn cute & creative also! your explanation gave me a few chuckles, but makes perfect sense to me! I've been eying those mitten nesties...now you're tempting me. The link to the instructions will come in handy!
    Oh-it's been snowing (both kinds) around here for a while now LOL
    Super job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ehehe wow Terry...I loveddd reading your explanationin regards to your card....the falling 'snow' had me cracking up!LOL
    Admittedly I thought that you were perhaps going 'wingy' w/your image to represent this month...but oh my gosh,...this mitten die put everything in perpective (sp?) I LOVEEE your card and what it represent...it is soooo unique...so totally Terry...sooo YOU! Beutifully (and cleverly) done my Wingpit sistah!♥

    ReplyDelete