Today is the 15th of the month and time to post my DDD card! This months hostess for the Dazzlers is Darlene, and for the Divas is Tami. Darlene came up with an awesome kit to celebrate Fall. There was so much in this kit to choose from that I'll bet I can make at least 5 or 6 more cards (minus the image of course). She sent a great selection of papers, brads, ribbon, leaves, pumpkins, and other fun embellies. I loved everything in the bag of goodies and didn't know what I wanted to use first!
I kept my card simple:
I colored the image with Copics (not very well I should add....you should see the other copies). I had issues with the wheels on the wagon and couldn't get them to look right so I covered them with brown buttons ☺
I only ended up using 1 of the papers, a leaf, the image and 3 brads from the kit. I do like the end result though, and using more would have made the card look cluttered to me. Let me know what you think!
One of Darlene's requests for this challenge was to post a favorite fall recipe....that without a doubt is yummy Machine Shed Baked Potato Soup...funny thing is the potatoes aren't baked, they are boiled. Here is the recipe:
Baked Potato Soup (the Machine Shed Restaurant)
2 ½ pounds baby red potatoes (quartered)
3 stalks celery
1 quart water
1 quart milk
1 tsp black pepper
¾ cup flour
¼ cup chopped parsley
½ pound raw bacon (diced)
1 jumbo yellow onion (diced)
¼ cup chicken base
1 tsp salt
1 ½ sticks butter or margarine
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Boil potatoes in water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large heavy pot, sauté bacon, onions and celery over medium-high heat until celery is tender. Drain bacon grease and return bacon, onion and celery to pot. Add milk, water, chicken base, salt and pepper. Heat over medium-high heat until very hot, do no boil.
In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and add flour (called a roux). Mix well and allow to bubble, stirring for one minute.
While constantly stirring soup, add the roux slowly.
Continue stirring soup until thick and creamy.
Stir in parsley, potatoes and cream.
Serve while hot. Serves 10-12.
Thanks for taking a look at my creation! I can't see what everyone else came up with, and to see what the Diva's got in their kits!!
See you next month Darlings!!
Terry
You are so right Terry! The kit was filled to the brim with goodies!! I love how you positioned the dp ~ makes the card look longer to me!
ReplyDeleteAnd, your recipe sounds great, I will surely give it a try!!
Oh, Terry, this is just beautiful!! Your coloring is great (I don't know why you think otherwise) and the buttons for wheels is GREAT! I love the rich colors you used for the card stock and mounting. Very nicely done.
ReplyDeleteSweet Potato Soup...sounds delish!
Glad that you enjoyed the kit and have fun creating other cards with some of the items.
OhMyGoodness! That recipe sounds amazing! YUMMO!
ReplyDeleteI love the slanted piece of leaf paper! beautiful layout and image :)
Terry - this is just divine! What a beautifully colored image - girl, you did a wonderful job! I love the richness of it and the layout is fab-u-lous! What a happy wonderous card! I love Baked Potato Soup! It's a fave here - I'll have to save your post for trying this out! TFS!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I likey your card! I think the colors and the layout turned out perfect.
ReplyDeleteI would have never guessed about the wheels. My initial thought was oh cute button wheels! Why must we feel compelled to tell all?! LOL
The soup sounds devine. DH would oh so like it. Tucking it away.....
Love it Terry!!! Love the embossed background and the slanted piece of designer paper...you are so clever! Perfectly embellished with the leaf and three brads. Very nicely colored image.
ReplyDeleteTerry--your card is wondeful. I love the buttons on the wheels and I think it was planned from the beginning! I also love how you used the leaf paper at an angle. Great colors on the image.
ReplyDeleteAND, I have already copied the recipe and that will be on the list as the next soup to make! Thanks so much for sharing.
Oh Terry, as per usual I love, love, love your card...The layout is wonderful as well as the coloring. I love how you used the leaf under the main image...awesome.I also, love how you used the buttons for wheels...now why didn't I think of that???....Great job on this card....Can't wait to try out the soup recipe...sounds so yummy......awesome job my friend ♥
ReplyDeleteawww WPSistah this fall card is D-vine (just as U are!!) Sooo rich in colors, from the fabulous colored immie to your rich layout.
ReplyDeleteVerrrrrrrrrrry clever to use one of the awesome kit's d/p diagonally AND to replace the cart wheels with buttons...WOW!!
A winner all the way my dear!! xox
Love your card Terry! I love how you embossed the bottom layer.. it looks great! Just love the overall card !!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, Terry! Love the layout and how you put that beautiful d.p. on an angle. It really highlights your lovely colored image! And I think the brads and the Maple leaf are the perfect embellishments. It doesn't need anything else.
ReplyDeleteLove the Baked Potato Soup recipe. I love soup and this sounds delish. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!!
Oh! I love your card, Terry!!! The button wheels are awesome! The stamped image on the balsa oval is clever! The coloring of the image is perfect! The use of designer paper is creative! Lovely!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd that soup recipe sounds oh-so-yummy!!!
Terry ~ Totally Love this......
ReplyDeleteI like the darker shades you used. and the leaf placement is perfect!
Hugs ~ LJ