Paola challenged us with a "pick one" type of challenge and we were to pick one of the following categories to provide inspiration:
*choice one* MUSIC:
Select one of the three youtube songs I added below, and have your card reflecting part of the lyrics from your song of choice.
The possibilities are absolutly ENDLESS! )
I would also like YOU to gift your finished card to a close neighbour, or a friend that lives close to you that could use a 'pick me up'.
'September' by: Nat King Cole
'September in the Rain' by: Dinah Washington
'Wake me up when September ends' by: Green Day
*choice 2* EDUCATION:
Create a card with a special teacher in mind, and please remember to add at least one apple somewhere in your card. Teacher's {heart} apples! )
I would also like YOU to gift your finished card to a teacher (past or present) who has been a true inspiration in your life. (or in your child/children life/lives)
*choice 3* CHILDREN:
Your card should reflect anything a child may like to do: playing, reading, toys,sports etc....but with a twist!
It should be both cheerful and also reflect the fast approaching Fall, a colorful season I love very much. )
I would also like YOU to gift your finished card to a child (other than your own!) that could use a little lift, a lil smile.....just because....
My Idea:
I opted to use *choice 3* CHILDREN. I wanted to do something fun and not so serious for this month but also didn't want to go too elaborate. I have not had much mojo lately and didn't want to think too hard.
My Thoughts:
When I think about childhood in Autumn I think about the big trees we had in our yard growing up. Most of them have been cut down due to age, but my favorite still sits on the hill in front of my parents house. I wish I had a picture of that tree to post here for you. My bedroom was at the front of the house and when this tree turned colors in Autumn it was always a really pretty, bright yellow. I would open the curtains in my room and it would bring in the prettiest light. I loved that, and looked forward to it every year.
My Creation:
My card is a simple one this month, but it brings back the good memories of sitting on the window seat in my room looking out at the tree.
Thank you for letting me share my ideas, my thoughts and my creations with you!
Terry
Image: Stampin Up - Branch Out
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip and Close To Cocoa, watercolor paper
Ink: SU Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and Close to Cocoa
Accessories: SU Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon
Oh Terry, what a wonderful memory and what a beautiful card. I love the clean crisp lines and the classic look of the card. I love the colors on the tree and how you showcased it on white paper with the brown ribbon adding the perfect accent to make the tree stand out..great job on this card....♥
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card!! I adore the simplicity of it!!
ReplyDeleteThe colors are perfect!
While in college, there was a tree just like this outside my dorm window ~ brings happy memories back to me too!!
This card is beautiful Terry--love the colors and it reminds me of the huge trees from the farm when I grew up.
ReplyDeleteThis card is so simple--that is what makes it a striking card and so reflective of fall.
Thanks for being a part of such a fun group of ladies!
Absoluletly stunning in every way! This is just a gem - such beautiful and ornate colors! Gorgeous -I bet you girls up North get to see this outside your real life windows! Stunning and fabulous work! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a striking card! The simplicity of the tree coupled with the colors is amazing! I really like the tooth of the paper that you put the image on. Super job!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Terry! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love that tree! So colorful! So perfect!!! I think autumn is the most beautiful season with all the trees and you’ve captured the heart of the season!
ReplyDeleteOutstanding job!!!
Simple & Elegant.
ReplyDelete&
Strikingly Stunning.
...and on and on...a true classic!
sometimes, less is more...and as far as this beautiful card concerns, it is much, much more that that!! Love it sweetie!! xox
Oh I love this CAS simple card. It is beautiful in it's simplicity. Great job my friend.
ReplyDelete