Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dueling Darlings Duel #16 - November

Hello Darlings!! Yay for the 15th of the month!! I can't believe how fast the time is going these days!

This month Kelly (for the Divas) and Jeanette (for the Dazzlers) were in charge of putting together our challenge.....and boy what a challenge it was!!

The theme this month is: WHAT NOT TO WEAR to this years holiday party!!

Included in this months kit were 8 different papers, brads, buttons, stickers, ribbon, floss,a Vintage key and some funny images...nothing that really matched anything else in the kit. I got lucky for the outside of my card seen here:



I cut the paper in 3/4 inch strips and pasted it to the light blue base...I then cut out the image and the layer behind it and went running from there. I added the buttons and floss to the upper left corner and one of the stickers to the bottom right corner of the image. I think it works!

Here is the inside of the card. I used the rest of the papers and just layered them not caring what landed where since none of them matched at all!



I was not able to fit in the brads, ribbon or the key.....I should have just stuck them on in the oddest spots where they just blended in, but of course I didn't do that.

The last part of the challenge was for us to post a picture of us depicting our best "what not to wear" fashion. I looked through a ton of pictures that I forgot I had on our portable hard drive and found the PERFECT picture.

This was taken in 1974. It was Christmas Day at my dad's parents house. What was my mother thinking when I left the house wearing that outfit???



OK...so the dress part of the outfit is kind of cute for that time in history....but what's up with the plaid pants and two tone brown shoes that I added to the mix??? Yikes, that is terrible and I am sorry there are pictures to show this!!

Thank you for visiting and looking at my what not to wear creation!! See you next month Darlings!!

13 comments:

  1. You were adorable! I had pants to match back then.....will have to find that picture to share....lol

    Your card is fantastic!! I love what you made.....turned a mix of ingredients into a fabby creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry--your card is great! I love how you used some of the interesting components and made a cute card.

    And, the picture is so darn cute--love the patterns.

    Thanks for participating in this fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is outstanding! You did such a great job with the kit! I love it :)
    The pic is precious. Plaid was so in...in the 70's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is SO cute!! I really like how you did those strips on teh front, and on the inside of the card also.
    And I think your pic is CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love how you used the DP on the front. They actually look like they were meant to go together. Very good!

    Yeah, your mom gets a deduction for that outfit. Maybe she was treating the pants like a DP! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card, Terry! Love the background you created using panels of the d.p. Beautifully colored image highlighted with buttons and stickers... Great job
    Your picture is perfect for the challenge...love the plaid pants and two toned shoes! And all under the Christmas tree. Couldn't be a more perfect picture for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Terry, you were cuter than cute!! (But we all knew that didn't we?)
    Your card is so well coordinated, too. I just love how you did the front and the inside is great too! Well done - well done (of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an awesome card... can't tell at all that the items didn't match. You did an amazing job of making the mismatch look fabulous! I love the strips/panels on the front... and the inside is very clever, too! Perfect!!!

    Awwwwwwwwww... your picture is so cute! Who cares that your clothes might have been slightly off in the fashion sense; you were adorable in spite of them! (And I had to giggle when I saw that you blamed the fashion burp entirely on your mom. LOL!) ummmmmmmmmm... and did you notice that at least you had something on, unlike that baby doll you were holding! EEK!

    Thanks for playing along with the fashionable Duel this month! It's been such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is fantastic, I'm so excited I can post again.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, WOW, WOW....great job once again my sweet friend...I love the card and the inside is as wonderful as the outside...(you need to come teach me how to do that)...I love your picture too...isn't it funny what we thought was so "in" so many years ago...heehee...great job on this challenge...way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MYYY!! this card is awesomely adorable Terry! You made the d/p background strips really work well for this challenge (it also reminds me of your blog background too *wink*)I love the neon colors U used to pop up the fun image and the buttons embellies around one of the corner.This card turned out quite stylish,welldone WPsistha:o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fabby is this!! You totally rocked this challenge - love how you took the paper and turned it into strips - it works so well! What a sweet baby picture, too! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! I love the bright and cheerfulness of your card. I love how you made the front of the card fit together so well from our crazy choices to pick from. LOL!! Great card.

    ReplyDelete