Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Calendar Girls Blog Group - 2012 February Challenge

Hi everyone! It's challenge time again.....and I am late too. It's still the 28th so technically I am on time.

Our very own Miss February Kelly came up with the following challenge for us:

** Show us how FURRY you are! **

Hee hee! It’s February, a month that symbolizes
LOVE. When thinking of a theme for this month’s
Challenge, I knew I wanted us to get happy with
the furry ones! My challenge for you this month is: Show some
LOVE to our furry animals! I love them great and small,
Short and tall – furry and fluffy! I am also
sure at one point we have all had a special pet that we have loved,
or maybe still do have a pet (or a bunch!) So let’s show them
some love! I challenge you to show us fur, your fluff, your waggin’ tails! The possibilities are endless – from doggies to cats, mice to turtles – in one case, a spider! (lil dj!!) LOL! Let’s bring some creativity to making a card (etc) with any image showing us a pet (including if you don’t actually own one!)

** For an extra part of the challenge, since it is February, please try to include the color RED on your card somewhere (coloring of the image, your DSP, cardstock, embellies – just a touch (or a lot!) of red.

Please post your cards to your blogs on February 28th ! I hope you LOVE
this challenge this month and LOVE creating with FUR and FLUFF!

So here is my card.....with a little story. You see, I am not, in any way an animal lover (so sorry everyone). I do not like things crawling on me, shedding on me, peeing on me, etc. Nope, don't like it at all. I never had pets growing up and was always afraid of friends animals when visiting them. When challenged to make this card I was completely lost and didn't even know if I had any stamps of cute furry animals. While looking through my stamps I came across the one I used and immediately thought of a young lady named Bekah that recently received a new baby bunny. This card is for you Bekah ☺.



Hope you like my creation....and even though it is not a Valentine's Day card, I did use red!

Thank you for looking!

Terry

8 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, OH! I just love this card!

    The colors are great and the white just pops the colors even more.

    The bunny is cute. I like him. He makes for a perfect Easter card.

    It's okay to not be an animal lover. I am not too keen myself on the shedding thing. We feed really good natural food which helps cut down on that. Unfortunately, Mia is not like our old girl Josi. We could friggin' vacuum her - seriously. It was a hoot. I would just use the brush attachement! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pet or no pet, the card is darling! I much prefer my fish to any furry animal. (Especially the damn cat that lives here!)

    Love your coloring; and the layout is great....perfect for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Terry! This is simply the best!! I love that adorable bunny and your colors are superb. LOL about pets though! Sometimes I wish I was more like you, and I'm sure that DH does too, ha ha!
    This type of green with red is one of my favs and it is wonderful on this card. Bekah should love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww Terry...this card is sooo darling!! I love it that U picked a bunny to showcase your furry creation.. 'somebunny's lucky to receive this special card...I am sure Bekah will love it!
    Truly adorable immie and colored wonderfully too....Love your color combos....totally a winner of acard ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a darling card--love the image and your design is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Terry, what a cute card...I am sure Bekkah will love this card. Love the layout coloring, color scheme...and I love your style...great job on this card...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love it indeed! My daughter has a bunny and we just love Voce' (his real name is Socks, due to his all black body and tiny white feet!) I know becca will just love this card - what's not to love! Super coloring, great classic layout - fabby! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so simply sweet. It just looks so tender. Wonderful color combo and I love the punch that you used for the sentiment. Pretty, pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete