Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dueling Darlings Duel 2012- February

Hi everyone! Sorry this is being posted so late, but I technically still have until 11:59pm this evening to post on time ☺

It's dueling time again...and boy do I ♥ duels!

This months hostess for the Dazzlers was Debbie, and boy did she spoil us with a whole bunch of goodies! We received 2 different images along with a sentiment to match, Rose Red ribbon and Rope Twine from SU!, blue ribbon, prima flowers, corduroy buttons, pearl brads, "love" charm, Craftwork Candi (I ♥ them) and an SU! large paper doily.

I managed to used quite a bit from the kit and here is my card:



Part of the challenge was for us to post a little something about our "sweetie". Mine is my husband Steve. He actually proposed on Valentine's Day 2004, with his class ring from high school. He said he really wanted me to pick out the ring that I wanted...and it took about a year for us to find the perfect one!

Thank you all for looking. I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!!!!

Terry

13 comments:

  1. Oh Terry, love your valentine story...what a guy..glad you were able to find the perfect ring to match the perfect couple...I love your card. I really like the layout and the papers you used for the front of the card. The cute little mouse in the heart framed by the heart is awesome and the pearl on the front is the perfect accent...Well done my friend...so glad we have met in cyber space and am hoping to meet you for real soon...take care of yourself with all that is going on...Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you with the perfect heart Nesties! They look perfect!

    I like the layout - and if you have not gathered from the other blogs, I love the DP! Your placement of the embellies are perfect.

    Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect!!
    I too love the candi that was sent! You put your card together perfectly! I do hope that you had a lovely day and am so very glad we duel together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image in the hearts Terry!!! This card is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a perfect valentine story that your DH proposed on Valentine's Day. Love it!! Love your beautiful card too. That mouse image is adorable and love how you put him in those tipped hearts. Great use of the luscious designer papers and embellishments!! Great job, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! Very cool layout using the die cuts, and the embellishments are perfect! Very cute.

    Sweet love story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too, too cute! I love how you did the heart shapes around the image! soooo sweet! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cute. I love how you put the image in a double heart. And using the flower, button and pearl brad altogether...what a great idea!! What a sweet, sweet proposal, loved hearing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry, this is super-adorable! I love the heart-layers and how you used both DP's on the front. Putting the peal accent on top of the fabric flower is a nice touch too.
    What a sweetie your DH is to propose on Valentine's Day with his class ring!! You deserve the best & he knows it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terry--first, your story is so sweet--I knew that guy was special--times 100!

    I really love your card--great layout and I think it is perfect that you used heart layers. The placement of the bling makes your card and I really, really like the papers you guys were sent!

    I am so glad you are a part of this wonderful group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooohoo, totally fabalicious! What a great card design and I justlove this little mousie image - he's so charming!

    What a great story about your sweetie proposing with his class ring! LOVE!!!!!

    Blessings! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowwwwzerr WPsistah!
    this card is supah dupah cute and sweeter than sweet...Love everything about it especially the way U encased the lil mousie inside the nestied hearts,,,what a great touchand a sweet love story too!!TFS x0x ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Terry... I am so sorry! Somehow I missed commenting on this absolutely adorable card. I feel horrble!

    I love the way you used the many embellishments. Wow! And the heart shape for the image is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete