This months hostess for the Dazzler's is Michelle! She sent us a great kit containing the following items:
3 6x6 pieces of patterned paper: Basic Grey Origins - Sugar Pea, Echo Park This and That - Dots and Plaid, and Reminisce - ShamRock
Ribbon and cording....American Crafts
Brads...................American Crafts
Glitter Shamrock....die cut at work, glitter paper
Pebblesinc......Button candy dots
Irish Blessing is computer generated and printed on SU! Whisper White, and SU! Cream
Here is the card I put together:
I really like how this turned out! I backed the glitter shamrock with 3 hearts punched with the Large Heart SU! punch to give it a different look, and it really makes the shamrock stand out! I also added the sentiment from my collection (it's a dollar stamp from Michaels).
Michelle asked us to write about anything special we do for St.Patrick's Day, and I have to admit that we don't do anything special. I may mix up some green beer on Saturday, but who knows? maybe I can talk Steve into going out for a green beer!
Happy St Patrick's Day everyone! Thank you for stopping by to visit!
Terry
Terry, this card is FABULOUS!!! I love the white hearts behind the glittery green shamrock. WOW! That is ingenious! And it sure does make the green shamrock pop!
ReplyDeleteSuper job!!! You've dazzled us with your creativity!
It is Dazzling, darlin'!!
ReplyDeleteI love the little extra behind the clover eaves! It does make it pop!
I have corned beef and cabbage to cook up! But, am hoping for a wee bit o' green beer myself!
Now this is over the top wonderful! I love the statement your card makes!! Your design is just lovely and it indeed makes the shamrock stand out, esp with the tiny white.
ReplyDeleteHope you get your green beer, hee hee!
IRISH you a wonderful day!!
WOW--that shamrock just pops with the hearts on the ends--who knew.........
ReplyDeleteI like the layout and that big shamrock just screams the holiday. Have fun with a couple of beers with Steve!
You sure had some fun items to play with from Michelle--and your card shows!
Beautiful St. Patrick's Day card, Terry! Love that big glittery shamrock and how you enhanced it with the backdrop of the punched hearts! Terrific!!
ReplyDeleteIrish you fun and some green beer on St. Paddy's Day!
Wow, Terry, as per usual you have done an outstanding job..I love your classic style...your cards are all so beautiful...This is really a wonderful card...well done!!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love how you backed the shamrock! This is a great layout :)
ReplyDeletebeautiful 'green' card Terry...
ReplyDeleteabsolutly LOVE how U incorporate the lrg glittery shamrock in making it the focal point of your card.
Very classy indeed.Awesomely done!
I love me some shamrock! It is so sparkly and fun. That background DP is just perfect.
ReplyDeleteI also really like how you treated the sentiment. I just picked up some similar ribbon to that in various colors. I love the little stitches.
Great job!
Hey Terry!!! Love what you did with the heart punch to accent the beautiful Shamrock that Michelle gave us! Your layout is verrrry pretty too!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the green beer...Ewwww!
Sweet card. Great idea with heart punch to show off the shamrock. Love that dp!
ReplyDelete