Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's Challenge Time....Calendar Girls Style!

Hi everyone! Miss March...aka April (Aprilo on SCS)came up with a fun and very challenging challenge this month for us! We were given the following information:

This month's challenge:

I want you to make a birthday card based on your date of birth.
I would love you to use two parts of your birthdate and use the corresponding color and sketch challenges available on the forums.

So, my birthday is 3-8-67.....either 3, 8, or 67 would be the color challenge and either of the two remaining would be the sketch challenge.
My choices could be: 3/8, 3/67, 8/67; or the reverse of these combos for color/sketch or sketch/color.....

OK.....since my birthday is September 26th I chose to use Color Challenge #9: Ruby Red and Sage Shadow, and Sketch Challenge #26: a pocket card.

Now before I show you my card we need to pretend that I followed the directions and made a birthday card, OK? My first intention was going to make a belated birthday card for my favorite little Miss Megan that turned 16 on the 19th, but that didn't work out because I didn't really like the color scheme.....so here it is (again, please pretend it says Happy Birthday on it ☺).



and here is the inside, where I guess I could hand write Happy Birthday!



I hope you enjoyed my take on this months challenge! Please take a look at the rest of the Calendar Girls cards by clicking the links in my left sidebar!

I need to put my thinking cap on soon....I am Miss April and have to come with next months challenge!! See you then!

Terry

8 comments:

  1. Thinking of you is definitely okay for a birthday! And, you know it!! LoL
    This is a fabby dabby card, but I can see why this color scheme wouldn't work for the Magnificent Megan!!

    Great take on the challenge ad I love that we are Calendar Girls together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Terry! I love that paper (I had some of it at one time, but think I used it all). And what a gorgeous pocket card! The inside is dressed up to perfection... and I love playing pretend!

    I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next month, Miss April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! I love the way you showcased the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I love this card!!! Look at us 09 girls having the same colors. You have perfect DP to go with.

    I really like how you die cut the top and embossed for the sentiment.

    This is a great representation of the challenge.....thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we say fabulous in every way! Terry, this is a wonderful BIRTHDAY CARD! (see, I follow directions! LOL!) Gorgeous, gorgeous paper choice and love the fun design of this. Super lovely and reminds me of Spring :)

    Big hugs!
    x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty "birthday" card! I do love the colors and the designer paper is so cute!

    Great sketch too and I think your card is just perfect for this challenge.

    Thanks so much for being a part of this wonderful group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Terry, loving this card...I'm with you with the color combo...not a color scheme I would put together but you did so beautifully...great job on this..am loving it..(I didn't even read the make a birthday card part...I was stuck on the number thing..lol)...Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh Terry...this is such a fabbyyyy fabbyy pocket card! Love the gorgeous punched trimming and that luscious dp U so cleverly used...in fact I even lik ethe color combo U used....not sure if I could have done it...
    Ultimatly your card is absolutly esquisite!!♥

    ReplyDelete