Today is the day we post our Calendar Girls creations and it just happens to be Thanksgiving Day.
I usually start my Thanksgiving Day by looking through all of the Black Friday ads and watching parts of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We then head over to my parents house for a big dinner and a great time with the family. I am so looking forward to it!
Here is this months challenge.....we decided as a team on this one:
We're going to go with VERY EASY and NO STRESS for the November theme, since we'll all be busy with Thanksgiving, etc.
Sooooooooooooooooo.... we'll go with Terry's suggestion: Thanksgiving theme......anything goes.......food, thank you card, Thanksgiving anything. And as a wee bit of extra fun, let's include Barb's suggestion: share a story of the best or worst food we have eaten on that day in the past.
Here is my card, it is going to my parents thanking them for opening up their house to the entire family:
OK...so for Barb's part of the challenge......here is a story about Thanksgiving dinners growing up.
We would always go to my Mom's parents house for dinner. There was an "adult" table and a "kids" table. I was always at the kids table since I was the third youngest. Dinner would start with soup. We had a choice of chicken noodle or Czernina. If you are not familiar with Czernina, it's pretty gross but all the older relatives love it......yuck. We were never allowed in the kitchen when it was being made, but once my sister was peeking around the corner and saw grandma put a bar of chocolate into the pot. Weird, chocolate in soup (little did I know what the other ingredients were)?? I stuck with the chicken noodle ☺
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Terry, your card is so cute! I love the saying and think it's perfect to give to your parents today! What fun you'll have at their home with all the relatives gathered.
ReplyDeleteNow, I had to look - checked out that Czernina soup and must say... it is now on my WILL NOT EAT List. Eeeeeewwwwwwwwww!!! I'd stick with the chicken soup, too. ;)
What a cute card! I love the sentiment and the picture is perfect with it.
ReplyDeleteUm, ixnay on Czernina. I don't do organs or blood and chocolate, no matter who you are?! LOL
What a great card and I am sure your parents are going to love it! Sweet Colors too. AND--I too would never try that soup!
ReplyDeleteThis card is card. The sentiment made me chuckle!!!
ReplyDelete