*** MUSIC IS A GIFT***
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.”
~ Plato~
My partner Judy and I decided on a music theme
for this round of duels and this is our challenge to you:
If you could dedicate a song to someone in your life ,
what would your song choice be , and to whom will you dedicate it and why? ♥
Can't wait to see what you'll do with the kits received. Happy creating everyone!
~Paola
Kit Contents:
Stamps : Gift Of Music /D.Morgan
by: Stamps Happens INc ;
Violin/Music scroll & Angel w/Instrument : UNknown
Sentiments by : Cling Stamps Co. # 557133
Accessories :
Designer Papers : * Up,Up & Away (Doodle Bug Design); *Bella Boutique Stack (DCWV) ; * SU Double D/P x 2 ; *Elementary Pianoforte Music Examination (from a real Conservatory of Music book)
*Ribbon : barely banana grosgrain from SU
*Virtuoso Music Die in black and in white
(Memory Box ; *Viviene Butterfly (Music Box) ;
*Assorted gems and pearls in a variety of shape/sizes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First of all.....here is my card:
Now for the challenge.......this is a funny one. I have been listening to alot of music at work through my headphones to drown out the crazy lady that talks to herself all day. My favorite channel on Pandora is the 70's Lite Music channel. Of course they play the same songs every day, but that's OK by me....there was alot of good music in the 70's.
This isn't really a dedication, but the song Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and KiKi Dee comes on everyday and last week a really good idea popped into my head......wouldn't it be fun for me and Steve to sing a duet of this song some night for karaoke?? Well....I brought the idea up to him after work the other day and he had never heard the song before, so we turned to YouTube, found and watched the video. After that, he said no way would he ever sing that song.......ever. Come to think of it, I probably would never have the nerve to sing in front of other people, but it was a fun thought for awhile!!
Thanks for stopping by!! Make sure you visit all of the Dazzler and Diva blogs to check out the sweet music they have in store for you....links are in my right hand sidebar!
Until next month.....
awww Terry! LOVEEEE how you used the instrument on your card and it turned out beautifulllll....
ReplyDeleteI am going to case this oneeeee too!!Awesome to get ideas...txs!♥
Do you wanna know what is really sad? I know the John and Kiki video you are talking about!!!! LOL Tell Steve, I said he can hide behind the glasses.
ReplyDeleteYour card is great. I really like how the image looks fussy cut. It makes the scroll stand out. Your banner is perfectly cut and placed!
Woooo Whooo Nobody Knows It....
Terry--your card is so cute. I love how you used the image and the layout of your card is awesome. I think you really need to sing that song soon--maybe this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to be a Darling with you and that we get to duel each month!
Wow Terry, this card is so pretty and elegant. I love the clean layout, it really shows off the pretty image and the die cut music.
ReplyDeletehehehe, I know that song well...if you ever DO sing it at a karaoke place, you'd better have someone film it and send it to me!!!
{{Hugs}}
WOW! What a stunning card! Love the nice clean look and the gorgeous image all cut out. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteNow about karaoke.... I think you should do it. ;)
Aw, I think it would be great to sing that together :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card - love the pop of brown from the violin against the backdrop - splendid!
This is simply elegant. Image, die cut and sentiment are all perfectly placed. It's just a fantastic card.
ReplyDeleteHi Terry! Today is the last day in May and I'm finally getting around to checking out all the DD's May creations. Your card is so elegant! Love how you colored and cut out the violin image and paired it with the musical note die cut and the perfect coordinating sentiment...Just beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteLoved your "song" story...so fun!! Love being a Dueling Darling with you too!!