Saturday, May 31, 2014

Celebrating my dad!

Hello! It is May 31st, and I am a bit late for the Calendar Girls challenge this month! This card was due to be posted on the 28th, but things have been crazy and I just didn't get it done.

I finally had time to create this morning, and besides this card I finished a swap and made another card for the Dueling Darlings that isn't due til the 15th! Even though I am behind, I am also a bit ahead :-)

This month April gave us the following challenge:
 
Well, it is May and I always like to honor my father this month.
So, to celebrate him (and fathers every where) let us make a masculine celebratory card with any SCS sketch that ends in 25 (the year he was born).
Please let us know which sketch you used and a memory of a special man in your life!
 
 
I used Sketch 425 to make my card and here it is:
 

My dad loves to fish, and I always go to this Stampin' Up! set "On the Fly" to create his cards.

Thanks for stopping by, and forgiving my tardiness!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the way the fish looks like it is jumping right off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, this is such a striking card, with the layers of orange making everything stand out. Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love those DP's and how you placed them. The fish itself looks great outside of the die cut.

    Great job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry--your card is wonderful. I love the layout and I know your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete