Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October Calendar Girls - Black and White

Hello everyone! I am late to the party, but still here on the 28th!! It's Calendar Girl time once again and here is this months challenge:

October
Hostess: Barb

This month we are going to do a color challenge. Since this card will be posted a few days before Halloween, I challenge you to make a card using just two colors--
Black and One Other Color. I also challenge you to try to not use white or ivory as a base for your image. If you do, it does not need to count as your second color--or it can...... Your card does not need to be a Halloween card--it can be for any occasion. Get your thinking caps on and limit your colors to just two!

A bit of clarification............. I had a question already about the limit of two colors. Does that mean just the image, or does it include card base, paper, embellishments, etc.?

Yes--it means everything on your card can only be one of two colors--Black and something else. Your image can be stamped or printed on white or ivory if you want and that base does not count as one of the two colors--unless you wanted to go Black and White only. So all of your cardstock and any designer paper and any/all embellishments need to be one of the two colors you choose. Yes, this is thinking out of the box and I am guessing our markers will not be used this month! That is why it is called a "Challenge"!


This was easy.....I used black and white :-) This is also my "go-to" card for weddings. I have a few coming up and made this for one of them, along with cutting out and embossing the parts for the others.


Here is my card:



I wanted to share something with you all if you are interested....my cousin Ian proposed to his girlfriend, and someone recorded it by chance here is the video: Ian and Sandy at the David Gray concert. You have to watch for the 2 minute mark. I thought it was very cool :-)

Thank for stopping by!

 
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. WHOO WHEE, I love, love love this card...my favorite color combo and what a stunning card. This is so elegant and such a classy wedding card..JUST AWESOME....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, LOVE it! This is an awesome card--love the design of it!

    Thanks for your wonderful card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Terry, this card is a masterpiece! Love the simple elegance! Love the bow tie and the pearl necklace!

    Sweet proposal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Terry, I literally just got misty eyed! Congratulations to Ian and Sandy! How sweet that someone (random!) got that on video for them to remember :) Perfect card to go with the perfect proposal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card~ I love the way you used the pearls. Thanks, for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete