In this monthly challenge you will see cards or projects that will make a mess, a hot mess of work spaces, fingers, clothes and anything I touch! But from the "hot mess" comes success, a beautiful creation to share with you!
My fellow Hot Mess ~ Success crafters are Barb, Jeanette and Kelly. Make sure you visit their blogs to see their hot mess creations! All you have to do is click on their names above.
My fellow Hot Mess ~ Success crafters are Barb, Jeanette and Kelly. Make sure you visit their blogs to see their hot mess creations! All you have to do is click on their names above.
I have a really supportive group of friends....3 of which are part of this Hot Mess group!
I came up with the theme for this months challenge:
Thankful or Grateful cards.
I am very thankful for each of these ladies, and I consider myself lucky for having them in my life!
For my technique this time around I used a stamping and spritzing process. I used the Gina k Designs stamp set "Skeleton Leaves' and Distress Oxide inks. Here is how they were used:
- I set up my Misti stamping platform with the leaf image.
- I stamped the leaf in Mustard Seed ink, and then spritzed with water, moving the ink around a bit. I used my heat tool to dry the ink before moving to the next color.
- I then stamped the leaf with Spiced Marmalade (right on top of the Mustard Seed), spritzed again, and moved more ink around. Drying again before moving to the next color.
- Next, I stamped the image in Candied Apple (right on top of the Spiced Marmalade), spritzed again and moved the ink around. Drying before moving on to the next color.
- The final step was to the stamp the leaf and the sentiment on top in Vintage Photo. This stamping I just left alone (no spritzing) and dried. After this layer was dry, the ink actually looks gold, not brown, but it looks cool!
Here is my card:
Thank you for stopping by!


Terry, that technique sure looks fabulous on this card. Lovely colors, too!
ReplyDeleteTerry--your card is so pretty! I love the colors and this is a perfect fall card. I too am thankful for you and your friendship!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous technique and great result Terry
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
What a great technique. I'll have to give it a try. Great card TErry.
ReplyDelete