In this monthly challenge you will see cards or projects that will make a mess, a hot mess of work spaces, fingers, clothes and anything I touch! But from the "hot mess" comes success, sometimes!
My fellow Hot Mess ~ Success crafters are Barb, Jeanette and Kelly. Make sure you visit their blogs to see their hot mess creations! All you have to do is click on their names above.
My fellow Hot Mess ~ Success crafters are Barb, Jeanette and Kelly. Make sure you visit their blogs to see their hot mess creations! All you have to do is click on their names above.
This month, Barb gave us the challenge to use RED somewhere on our card.
I used the baby wipe technique with Stampin' Up! Real red reinker. My fingers were covered!
My first try was going well, until I tried to use the embossing powder....it stuck to everything!! I do like the finished product, but I may not use this technique again.
So, my second try was a little bit different, I did the heat embossing first:
Now....I am a bit behind on my challenges, but I'm slowly getting caught up. Here is my December card. The challenge was to use Silver or Gold on our card. I chose silver and used Nuvo Glacier Paste with a stencil.
What a messy technique....but I like it!! It was fun, and messy but it turned out great! Here is my card:
Thanks for stopping by!!
Terry






Terry, these cards look fabulous! Definitely success! I love the techniques you used!
ReplyDeleteTerry--your cards are so cute. I love the Valentine cards-and I bet your fingers were red! The anniversary card is stunning--great stencil to use for metallic colors!
ReplyDeleteTerry, these are fabuous! I love how different they both are - so striking! What a fun technique you chose ~ and I love the contrast of the red with the black and white. I hope you try these again because it's a great success!
ReplyDeleteWonderful cards Terry - especially the Christmas one - that is so elegant!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine