This month you get 2 cards from me. I had my card for April completed 2 weeks early and did not post, so here it is....along with my card for may!
Let's start with April. Our hostess Carol handed me my kit in person when we attended a retreat together. Here is what she said:
April 8th is National Zoo Lover Day. I don't think that we have done this theme but I loved the stamp when I first saw it and was over the top thrilled to see I could used it according to the list of stamps we could share. I have a fascination with giraffes (maybe because they are so tall and I am so short).
Your kit contains :
Artful Stamper--African Queen
DSP: giraffe paper is from African Safari Scrapbook paper (I found on Amazon) The other dsp came from my stash
embellies: misc from my stash (there are small eyelashes as well in there they are hard to see so wanted to give you a heads up.
ribbons: all came from my stash
Artful Stamper--African Queen
DSP: giraffe paper is from African Safari Scrapbook paper (I found on Amazon) The other dsp came from my stash
embellies: misc from my stash (there are small eyelashes as well in there they are hard to see so wanted to give you a heads up.
ribbons: all came from my stash
Carol also wanted us to name our favorite zoo animal. Mine fittingly would be the giraffe! I am amazed by how graceful they are, which could be a huge struggle with a long neck, but it works for them!
Here is my card for April:
The eyelashes included were so cute that I had to use them (I hope you can see in the this picture):
This was such a fun kit, and I really wanted to make it look like the giraffe was behind a fence. I hope i accomplished that!
Now for May! Tracie was the hostess this month and here is what she had to say:
I was so happy to get the month of May to be the hostess. May is my favorite month of the year. When I was a child we would always celebrate May day (May 1) by taking flowers to the elderly. Such good memories. May brings all kinds of flowers to bloom so I decided my challenge this month would be "May Flowers". In your package, I have stamped an image from Avery Elle called Best of the Bunch using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I also love foxes and immediately fell in love with this stamp. Designer papers are from "New Day" by Echo Park. The flowers are from "Garden Variety" by Taylored Expressions. Ribbon and twine are from my stash. Gems are from Pink Fresh and the buttons are also from my stash. I have been going to our local library and using their flow forge which I used to cut out the bookmarks. I would love to see what you would use if you colored the flowers. I would also love to hear what your favorite flower is. Thanks for taking part in my challenge this month.
This little image is adorable. I colored him with copics and put it all together. My favorite flower is the tulip! I love them in all colors, but my favorite is yellow!
Here is my card:



Terry, both of your cards are so sweet. Those eyelashes sure were a hit!
ReplyDeleteThese are both so cute. I love the colors of your May card!
ReplyDeleteTwo fabulous cards Terry - love your giraffe card, and the eyelashes are perfect!! Gorgeous colouring of the fox and his flowers
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Great job on your cards Terry. They were both so cute.
ReplyDeleteTerry I love your giraffe card. ( I was lucky to see Terry in the process of creating it at the retreat) Great job!! I also love your May card, love the layout and the dsp you chose to use. Perfect.
ReplyDelete