Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dueling Darlings Duel #6 - January

I can not believe it's Dueling time already!

This months kit was sent to us from my "Wingpit Sistah" Paola and it's theme is 'FUN & LAUGHTER FOR EVER AFTER'. This stamp is a sample of why we call each other "Wingpit Sistah". We got to talking one day on SCS about the Penny Black chicken stamps in general and the name just came out and we've been calling each other that ever since!

I absolutely love this stamp and I was smiling ear to ear when I opened the package. There were so many embellishments too that it was sooooo hard to choose what to use. I hope I did the kit justice!

Here is my card:



I colored the image with Copics, added Stickles to the chickens "hair", the candle flames and frosting on the cake. I only used a fraction of the stuff in the kit and can make a couple more cards with it. Boy were we lucky this month - although I feel lucky every month sharing this Duel with a great group of ladies!

***EDIT*** I neglected to include a New Year resolution that I made and never kept...there are many....like losing weight, eating better, getting healthier. But last year I actually made myself a journal to keep track of my weight, goals and thoughts, and it is still empty. Hmmmm, this may be a good time to start writing in it!!

I can not wait to see what everyone else created! Let the Duel begin!

Thank you for looking :-)

Terry

Image: Penny Black -'Best of Luck' #2349K
Sentiment: SU! -Perfect Punches
Inkk: Versafine Onyx Black, Copics
Paper:'Paisley Bloom' by Daisy D., SU Mellow Moss and Ridinghood Red
Accessories: SU Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain,3 self-adhesive red candy dots by Pebbles Inc, flowery gems (2 red ,1 green) by Forever in Time, Stickles

12 comments:

  1. I love your shading of the tablecloth! I strive to color that way! And love those flowers hilighted the sentiment!

    FABBY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot Woot, winner winner chicken dinner with this card!! Fabulous Terry! Awesome layout, coloring, use of all the fun things sent in your kit- you are rockin' the birthday card with this one! It's darling! Go get your journal, girl - we'll scribble together! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo whee Terry, I love this card. Great coloring and woohoo for stickles, a great addition to the card. What a cute image brought a wonderful smile to my face as well. I love your layout and how well you highlighted the image using the layout and papers. Wonderful, fun, great card!!! Way to go! (p.s. my journal is empty too....oops...maybe I should get a writing as well....heehee).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Terry--I love the image Paola sent to you--I have it and need to use it more often.

    Love the colors and all of the great things that you added to the card. This card just makes me smile and I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Terry. Your coloring is wonderful and using the stickles...GREAT IDEA!!! I love how you used the embellishments, especially at the top of the sentiment. Such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a wonderful card, Terry!! You really rocked the challenge of creating a card that reflects Fun and Laughter!! Love those stickles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, Terry! You have really done an outstanding job coloring the image - you and your wingpit sister both know your chickens! LOL! I love the layout, too. Great placement of the embellishments (I love the bling/flowers on the sentiment!)

    Amazing!

    Good luck with your resolution. I know you can do it! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terry, this is wonderful!! I'm hopping from blog to blog, admiring everyone's creations with Sweet P's kit. Such creative talent among all of you! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, that is a funny image! I love how you detailed the cake. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww my dahling Wingpit sistah...how do I love your card?? MUCHLY!! it is simply AWESOME...beautifully done and sooo perfectly detailed! Wonderful use of the gemmed flowers on the oval red nestie and clever use of the 3 corners red sticky dot!! U rocj baby...U definetly rock!!PS: HURRAH for chickens...PB that is!!!!:o)Sooo glad you enjoyed the kit Terry!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely fun ! Love the colors and the chicks are great !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Terry!
    I love the green tablecloth and I did notice the sparkles in the chickens hair! Awesome touch.

    ReplyDelete