It's that time again....Dueling Darling time! I can't believe that this is the 7th month already!!
This months kit was put together by April....and the theme, perfect for today is "LOVE".
April sent us some really cool stuff, that at first scard me to death. I am not a glittery kind of person so the black glitter paper was a bit intimidating. I had no idea how to use it and almost skipped it altogether without a thought. But then I had the idea that I brought to life above.
I used my embossing ink pen to trace the Love image and used some black glittery embossing powder to heat emboss the image to match the glittery paper. Here is a close up, hope you can see the glitter (it's difficult to take a picture and see what I can see in real life):
On the card I also used the silver shiney paper as a mat to the "love" image and 2 of the 3 ribbons in the kit. In the corners I used the half pearls that match perfectly to the card base I chose :-)
Thank you April for a fun kit that scared me, and made me work out of my comfort zone :-) I need that every once in awhile!
Thank for looking! ♥ all you Darlings!!!
Terry
Stamps: Close To My Heart
Paper: SU Tempting Turquoise, Colorbok
Accessories: ribbon and pearls from Michaels
Oh, Terry... this card is amazing! You say you aren't glittery, but this card certainly proves differently, because you shimmer and shine and twinkle, too! I love the way the colors seem to brighten with the boldness of the black glitter paper. And the heart is perfect, as is the ribbon treatment. Amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteYou've dazzled, for sure!
Wow! You dazzlers have created some really dazzling cards this month and this is no exception. Love your you created the heart layer with your sentiment and great job applying the glitter to it. Beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW--the Dazzlers have a wonderful kit to work with. Love all of the glitter and your card is very, very pretty!
ReplyDeleteTerry,
ReplyDeleteFor someone who wasn't use to a background of black glitter, you outdid yourself. I totally Lovel it, you outdid yourself in creativity.
Joan
The card is great - I love what you did with the kit!! I am such a non-glitter person that I have to have paper made of it to be able to use it!!
ReplyDeleteWOOT WOOT!
Hope you and Steve had a great Valentine's Day and many more!
wooooooowww Terry!
ReplyDeleteYou took the word 'classic' to a whole new dimension! Gorgeous card my darlin Wingpit sistah...I absolutly love the fact that you contoured the image to perfectly match the black
glittery b/ground!....This card spells *AWESOME*
from top to bottom!!! I ♥ it a lot!!:o)
Your card turned out awesome! I really like the shiny layer for the heart. It makes it pop! Good idea with the heat embossing. Makes for a great card!
ReplyDeleteWow Terry....you don't do glitter??? (don't show anyone this card 'cause they will call you a liar...lol). Amazing, how clever to use the embossing pen to outline the love and emboss with black glitter embossing powder (it would be all over the card if I had done that..lol). I love how the mirror paper highlights the heart containing the image...it is the perfect touch making this card over the top elegant....WAY TO GO!!!♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteVery nice card Terry! Love how you embossed the word "Love" to make it stand out. Looks great with the shiny heart outline and the black glittery paper.
ReplyDeleteOh you DO do glitter! LOL! This is just stunning! Love the all the blign and glitz and everything about it - fabulous! x0x0
ReplyDeleteTerry, this is wonderful! I'm afraid of glitter too but your creation is marvelous! Tempting Turquoise is one of my fav colors and how you've used it here is great! Shiny mounting under the heart is perfect too! Congratulations on such a great card!
ReplyDeletelove the heart and the way you used the mirrored cardstock :)
ReplyDelete