Miss May is Barb, and here is her challenge:
The month of May can bring many things—Mother’s Day, Graduation, Prom, Memorial Day—all are wonderful events. However, May does bring one thing to mind—Skin. You know—like short sleeved tops, capris, shorts, flip flops/sandals, sundresses—all things that bring a frightful thought to our mind as our body is not in shape to show skin. So, let’s Shape Up. No—not running, biking, weights, but cards that have a different shape. So, your May card is to be a Shutter Card, Side Step Card, Gate Fold, Easel Card, Joy Fold, Criss Cross, etc. Any shape works—but to be true to the challenges we have had in the past—try a new shape that you have not used recently or really take a leap and try a design that you have never done before!
Here is my card:
This is one version of a side step card, I think. I am really not sure what the fold is called because I can not find a tutorial anywhere for it. I saw lots of samples on SCS, sat down and figured out the cuts and folds.
I always have a hard time on these types of cards because I can never figure out what to do with the skinny spaces. I decided to emboss the ares on this card. The bottom strip looks like it needs something.....but what? I don't know.
Here is a side view:
I used SU Old Olive and YoYo Yellow paper, DP is Pebbles Inc, and GP white. I used MFT Die-namics Sweet Stack dies, an oval Nestability and silver half pearls. The sentiment is AMuse.
Thank you for looking and can't wait to see what Miss June has in store for us!
Terry
Great card! I love the card (whatever you wanna call it - how about Sis?). And, your part choices are wonderful...love this!!
ReplyDeleteOnce again a great card produced by Terry!!!! I love this and wow...I am so impressed that you sat down and figured it out...(not me, I need instructions...lol). Wow, wow, wow...you have done an amazing job with this...whatever you want to call it is fine with me, but I will be calling it AMAZING....♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteGreat Card Terry--I really like the image and this style of card is perfect for it. Thanks for making such a sweet creation for this months challenge!
ReplyDeleteohh wowwww..I love the unique fold of thos card Terry!! So totally different,I definetly need to try and case this..lovely embossing on both sides,
ReplyDeleteI really don't think it needed anything else my dear WPSistah...oh and I absolutly NEED to know about the beautiful olive green shape behind the circle of dp....is it a punch or a nestie??
Love it!!!:o)
Cute card! Very cool fold....I really like the layout and the colors. The embossing is a very good idea. Great job!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh Terry, such elegant and beauty! Wonderfully done, amazing fold! Love the embossing on the cardstock, too and what gorgeous paper! Super card, Terry! x0x0
ReplyDeleteLove it! I love the DP you used and all the shapes behind the sentiment. Way to shape up for summer!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Terry, your card is fantastic - from the great colors, to the many many techniques/features used, to the unique fold! I love everything about it! Absolutely stunning!
ReplyDeleteAnd here I did a gate fold! Wow - you have a cool card with no name! I love it. The embossing makes the card. Perfect for the challenge!!!!
ReplyDelete