Miss August is Debbie and here is her challenge to all of us:
“SEW” Glad We Are Friends!!!
Because I just love this entire group and it feels that we have been friends forever, I just wanted to say…”Sew” Glad We Are Friends!
So for this month’s card here are the requirements.
1. Please use the above sentiment on the card somewhere. Some of you may have a stamp with that sentiment-if so, that’s great!! But if not, just type it up on your computer and print it out. (Sorry…making you work.) LOL
2. Please use at least one button on your card. (Use as many as you like...but there has to be at least one.)
3. Please have stitching of some kind on your card. You can use a sewing machine, hand stitching or faux stitching using a pen.
Here is a pic of my card sitting on an old sewing machine that I have on a stand in my dining room. I think the sewing machine on my card looks alot like the real thing so I thought it was appropriate to take my pictures there ☺
And here is a close-up:
I used the Digi image from SU! set "Puns from the Past" and My Digital Studio for the image. The DP is from a paper pack by DCWV, I also used SU! Old Olive, Ruby Red, and Very Vanilla cardstock. I know....I need to practice my stitching, but I had never done this before so I think it looks OK for a first try ☺ This card will be sent out to a friend that is always there for me with encouraging words when I need it.
Thank you for looking and I hope you all like my creation!!
See you next month!
Terry
What a fabby card! I think your sewing looks just perfect! I have looked and looked at sets of stamps with antiques and never bought. This has giving me great inspiration to buy......you are "sew" much an enabler!!
ReplyDeleteWTG on this challenge!
SEW sweet, Terry! This is delightful in every way! I love this paper, it's got such color and fabby feel to it but paired with this wonderful image - it's just SEW neat all the way around! LOVELY, LOVELY job on this challenge! x0x0
ReplyDeleteOh Terry, I love your card and the photo of your card with the machine...awesome...as per usual you have done an outstanding job with your colors, dsp, layout and image...wonderful job on the sewing as well....You "SEW" nailed this challenge...your card is beautifully done....♥
ReplyDeleteSEWeet! My goodness, that image and sentiment are just perfect.
ReplyDeleteI am so far behind I have not even checked out the SU options!
That sewing machine is amazing. Really cool. The image looks almost identical! Great job!
Terry, this card is fantastic! Wow!!! our sewing theme is perfectly reflected in every detail of your card. That's wonderful!
ReplyDeleteAnd look at that photography prop! What a beauty!
another truly terrific Terry card! what a beautiful vintage image U used.. Love love LOVEEE your buttons' background d/p...and wowww on your stitching..SEWWW wonderfully done...
ReplyDeleteYou even reminded me that I have an antique Singer sewing machine stored away somewhere in the garage!! mmm..I may NEED to dug it out...*wink*
How did I miss this???? I LOVE IT!!! Everything about it goes together perfectly. Your stitching is awesome.
ReplyDelete