Monday, August 15, 2011

Dueling Darlings Duel #13 - August

Hi everyone! It's Duel time again. I am posting a bit late tonight, but I am still technically on time because it is still the 15th!!

Dazzler Paola and Diva Judy were this months hostesses and they came up with the following fun theme:

IT IS HOT!!! ~~~ LET'S KEEP IT COOL!!!

In a note from Paola (my dear WPSistah):

*We would like YOU to share a fond memory of your favorite way or activity to keep COOL during the HOT summer days....
*We also would like it very much if YOU would share your favorite COOL drink , or your favorite summer recipe (or both!)
so that all of us can perhaps enjoy re-creating them , while cheering to your good health and our common friendship!!

Here is my card made from the kit Paola sent to us:



Can you tell that I was tired when I put this together? Everything is crooked ☺ Oh well....I still think it is cute☺

My memory: When I was younger, my family spent alot of time camping...at a very early age I was introduced to lake water:



We were always wet and sandy, playing at the beach and in the water. What a great way to spend childhood!! It's hard to believe that as an adult I do not like the feel of sand between my toes and hate to walk barefoot on the beach!

My cool drink of choice: Nestea Lemonade Iced Tea (comes in a plastic jug you mix with water). It is a very refreshing way to cool me down on those hot days!

Thank you so much for looking and listening....see you at the next duel!

Terry

*Stamped image : 'Poolside Chicken' by Whipper Snapper Designs
*Designer Papers: DWCV + K & Company
*Vellum Quotes by : DWCV (playing on opposites *hot/cool*)
*Orange satin flower from Michaels
*Faux button
*Orange/Yellow thread
*Brocade blue 5/8" grosgrain ribbon from SU!
*Green velvety zigzag ribbon from Michaels

9 comments:

  1. What a great card Terry, I love the way you colored the image and the layout you used...as always such a well done card...Great Job my friend...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, your card is amazing. Love how you used the green ribbony stuff to make the flower stem... and that chick looks so comfy (colored to perfection) while hangin' at the pool! I must say, though, that I think my favorite part of your post today is the picture of you as a wee one! Love that you added that! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love how you used the ric rac for the stem of the flower!!

    Love you getting your tootsies wet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely adorable card, Terry! And nothing looks crooked on it to me. Love your great layout and the beautiful flower with the ribbon stem!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the most your trepid foot in the water! So cute!!!! Now about that card....really cute. I like your layout and that image makes me giggle! Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. We had similiars ideas!!! Great minds do think alike!!! Great coloring of the image and a wonderful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love the picture of you! THat is the sweetest! And your card is just darling, I do believe that pink makes it really pop! Super cute, Terry! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am late I am lateeeee...but happy to see your gorgeous chicken lounging away without acare in the world...lol
    You did an amazing job with the kit dahling WPSistah..truly!!Loving the layout and the 'stem' you attached to the flower....soo clever!! Thank U for sharing your special memories...*muwahhh* :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute card layout! I love it. Thanks for sharing your summer memory and that gorgeous pic! Wow, just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete