Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Calendar Girls December - ONE word challenge

Hi everyone! It's December 28th...and time to share our Calendar Girls creations!

This months challenge was a "one word" challenge. We got to choose "one word" to give to the Calendar Girl of the month following our month....so me being Miss April, I gave "one word" to Miss May (Barb). In turn, I received my "one word" from Miss March (April...confused yet??).....and I loved my word. When April sent me my word she explained that her son picked it out......thank you K, great word ☺

Using this "one word" as our inspiration, we are to create a card that expresses our interpretation of that word.....make sense?? I hope so!

I have talked in past posts about my love for the Northwoods of Wisconsin. We have been going up there for a family vacation since I can remember. The thoughts of up north gave me a good idea on how to use my "one word". Ready to know what my "one word" is???? Here goes:

PHOTOGRAPH

Now...I have tons of up north pictures around here, but this is the one I used for this challenge:



I know that we were to make a card, but my brain went into motion and I asked if we were required to make a card or if it could be and ABAC (anything but a card)....well, with approval I chose an ABAC. Sometimes it feels good to be different ☺

Every year I want to put together a hand-stamped, home made calendar. Now is the perfect time for that, seeing as this is a Calendar Girls challenge!

Here is my creation:



Since we normally go up North in August, that is the month I chose to create. I printed the picture on white GP cardstock, matted it in black, then blue and stuck it to an August Calendar (purchased from Taylored Expressions and printed myself).

Now all I have left to do is start from the beginning of the year and create the other 11 months!

I hope you enjoyed my creation, and that April and K like what I did with my "one word". I can't wait to see what Barb has created....I get the feeling she didn't know what to do with the word I gave her ☺

Thanks for stopping by!!

Terry

11 comments:

  1. What an awesome calendar picture. I love using pictures from the prior year to make a calendar! Like how it is double matted and the ribbon really sets it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Terry, this is incredible! I love the calendar you created!!! And I love the word that Kyle/April gave you...... though truthfully, it might have made me nervous to have received it myself.

    FANTASTIC Job!!! Thank you for being a Calendar Girl with us! I love our group!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry--what a Fantastic Creation!

    I love the picture and your calendar is a perfect way to show off your photography talent.

    Thanks so much for being a part of the Calendar Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry! This is gorgeous! I love what you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Hanna girlfriend...,this is absolutely Stunning...I love the picture and the calendar...how appropriate that our own Miss April should chose to do a Calendar page...you rocked this....I am so impressed...I would have been freaked out with that word...lol..Great job my friend...I am so lucky and blessed to be a Calendar Girl with you...you truly add happiness to my life...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHMYGoodnessGracious!
    My dahlin WP sistah, U outdid yourself!♥
    Terry U created such a wonderful and ambitious project with a wonderful topic! Love the word U were gifted with and your beautiful interpretation of it.
    Your calendar page is showcasing a lil piece of heaven...Love it and you ♥ xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY what a great creation! I love your calendar. You are so clever. Will you post pictures of the rest of the calendar months??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your calendar! The picture is so gorgous. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright, stop being so cute! This is so cute and perfect!!!! I love it.

    You used a common word to make an uncommon item. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All that I can say is "Wow!" What a stunning photograph and I think it was brilliant to use it on a calendar with the month of your visit up north! Verrrrry nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh terry, what sheer delight to see this amazing calendar creation ( and we are the calendar girls after all!) what a fun word you had to use! One thing I love so much about your inspirations are your photographs ;) lovely work, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete