Sunday, July 15, 2012

It's BBQ Duel time!!

Hi everyone! It's Dueling time agian!

This months hostesses are Darlene for the Dazzlers and Tami for the Divas! Looks like the theme is backyard barbecue related!

Darlene sent us a kit full of goodies including the following:

Image - Art Impressions "Golden Oldies" series, entitled BBQ Couple
DP: Karen Foster Designs: Food & Family Collage; Ants on Parade; Barbecue Bash
DP: Reminisce: Picnic Parade; Grill Master
Stickers: Reminisce: Backyard Bash
Embellishments: yellow brads, red star eyelets, gold start brads, baker's twine, wood ovals

We were also asked to provide our favorite BBQ recipe. I really don't have "recipes" with measurements for any salads I usually throw together, and I don't have a favorite so I am going to share this with you:

BBQ Beans:

2 large cans of your favorite baked beans
1/4 cup light brown sugar (more or less to taste)
1/2 pound ground beef - cooked and drained
6 slices bacon - cooked, drained and crumbled

Mix all ingredients together and cook until warmed through.

Last but not least here is my card:



I love the way it looks like she is hiding a cheeseburger. Great image Darlene!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Terry





11 comments:

  1. I see a set of grandparents every time I look at this immie....especially with Gma slipping a burger to someone who doesn't need it!!

    Love how you colored up the immie.

    And I like your recipe, it a shortcut to a family favorite here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, your card is so cute!!! I love the way you did the bakers twine and wood embellishment. Very creative! And your coloring of the image is fantastic. Great card!!!

    Your recipe sounds good. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Terry, love your card. The colors are perfect and the coloring of your couple...wonderful...I love the layout and the little BBQ sign on the bottom...you never cease to amaze me with your wonderful creations...Your recipe is a wonderful choice...I can't wait to try them...(I love BBQ beans, especially if I don't have to cook them all night which of course I never had done lol...I leave that up to my brother)....these are exactly what I need to make...yummmmm....great job on this challenge...♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Terry! Love how you used the bakers twine and the wooden oval. The sentiment on it is perfect. Going to be trying your recipe too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card, Terry! Love that darling BBQ couple and your coloring of them is great as is the layout! Great papers and embellishments make this a fun and fantatic BBQ/Grilling themed card. Great recipe for BBQ Beans!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Love the layout and the use of the wood piece. I giggle each time I see this image!

    I have not heard of hamburger in baked beans....will have to try that. DH would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stamping on the wood piece! I love this :) Great use of your papers too
    I love your recipe! I have made those kinds of beans before. They are very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terry--your card is so cute, but the best part is the wood bbq on the bottom--that just makes the card!

    Great recipe too--I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A-DOR-ABLE!!!!! Love the square card, the ant peaking around the side! The twine and the BBQ oval is GREAT!

    Love how you left the apron white, wish that I had done that. Great job and I'm so glad that you had fun with the kit. Your baked bean recipe is making me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMMY recipe, Terry! That's one of my faves (and I can actually still eat it, too!) We could have one fabby BBQ with all these Darlings recipes!

    Your card is fabulous! 0x0

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww...sooo adorableeeeeeee!
    what a delightful card
    WPSistah♥...love how U colored the great fun image....the addition of the wooden stamped oval is just the cherry on top! *awesomely done my dear* ♥

    ReplyDelete