Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Calendar Girls November

Hi everyone!

I am late, but still on time as far as the day we are to post each month. So sorry for being tardy!

Jeanette provided us with this months challenge, here it is:

We choose a holiday in November (not Thanksgiving, but a little-known holiday) and create a card/project with that holiday in mind. Here's a link to Bizarre November Holidays: November Holidays 2012 (Official) Monthly, Weekly, Daily, Bizarre, Silly, Crazy, Unknown Holiday Observances


The holiday I chose to use, since it is near and dear to my heart is Lung Cancer Awareness Month.

My dad is a lung cancer survivor, they found it very early due to a normal scan he had to check on his NHL (and I don't mean hockey ;-) ). He underwent surgery to remove the entire lower lobe of his right lung in February of this year. Since then he has had to jump many hurdles but is a fighter. He has amazing strength and courage and he faces each day head-on. In my eyes, he is a hero.

Here is my card:



Now, you wouldn't expect a man in his early 70's battling 2 types of cancer along with a few other ailments to remodel his bathroom, would you? That's exactly what he has been doing for the last couple of months. He is bound and determined to finish it on his own and is doing a great job. That bathroom has not been remodeled since the early 1970's.....so it was a bit outdated, and it's amazing that the walls were standing, considering what he found when he tore them down (see the next picture)! Yikes!


Can't wait til the bathroom is done and all pretty again! I forgot to mention....while the floor tile was curing/drying, my dad put down a new wood floor in his bedroom (to pass the time? who knows!!!). That man is always doing something!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Great card! What a special guy your father is!!

    I really think that some people just don't like to be idle....that sounds like your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card Terry and I am sure you did will love it. Great Story about your dad and his remodel project! I hope it is still going well for him.

    Thanks for being a Calendar Girl with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and very special too, honouring your father.♥
    I love the semplicity and the core sentiment chosen,that says it all!
    Elegant and right to the point...
    beautifuly done dear WPS!xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Terry, I love your card. I love your style so neat and clean...Perfect card for your dad...he sounds like a wonderful, busy man.....so glad we are Calendar girls together....♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card. The sentiment as the image is just perfect. The simplicity and colors are amazing. I love those little metal pieces.

    I wish your dad the best. I am so sorry you all have to go through this. I am sure that he is 'working through it' on the house! Be sure to show more pics as the job progresses, would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I love that plaid paper and all the brads lined up in a row. Your father is truly amazing!! I applaud him. He is a fighter and a hero!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry, what a beautiful card and wonderful tribute to your Dad! I loved hearing of his can do spirit and how he keeps busy on projects when many people would just not have it in them to do so.

    Lovely!!!

    I'm glad you're a Calendar Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Terry, this is just lovely - very classic and elegant and perfect as is - no fuss, no muss yet makes a bold and beautiful statement!

    Big hugs and prayers to your father and his journey, his battle .. never lose faith and stay in the fight, I know you will. My dad lost his battle with lung cancer after a courageous 3 year fight and every day we had him was a gift. I'm prayerful for you today and send hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete