Planes, Trains and Automobiles!
Debbie could not decide which mode of transportation she wanted to use for the challenge, so she put together 2 awesome kits for us! She specifically mentioned that we did not have to make 2 cards, just to pick one kit and use it ☺ I chose to use the kit with the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps image of "Emelia".
This kit included:
Images: "Emelia" - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps
DP: "Hopscotch Boy Toy" - K & Company
CS: Really Rust - Stampin' Up!
Embellishments: Old Olive ribbon, Linen thread, vintage safety pin - all Stampin' Up!
I inked Emelia up with my Copics and put together this card:
Isn't it fun?? I used a small skinny piece of acetate to connect the plane to the card to make it look like it is flying! I hope you can see that in the picture (the plane flying, not the acetate ☺). This card will fit in a 6x6 envelope.
Debbie also asked us to share a story or memory of a favorite holiday. Well, I have many stories, but since Thanksgiving is around the corner I'll run with that! When we were younger, my family would go to my grandparents house for Thanksgiving dinner. It was us, my grandparents (mom's parents) and my Aunt, Uncle and their 7 kids. I remember always having to sit at the "kiddie" table and not being allowed to have anything to drink until I was done eating.....anyway, after dinner we would all pile into cars and go to a local bowling alley and bowl a few games. It was a fun time and brings back lots of good memories! Now that everyone is getting older and have families of their own things have changed, but they are still good times when we all get together!
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to visit all of the Dazzlers and Divas to see what they have created! Links are in my right sidebar. Oh.....and a very special welcome to the newest Diva: Kadie!! I hope she enjoys being a part of this great group of ladies!
Oh man, between you and Paola....I really need to start over!
ReplyDeleteI love your acetate idea!
Your coloring is spot on and I love how you used the embellies that were sent!!
Terry--I think this is one of my most favorite of any of the cards you have created! I love the design and the plane flying--How Creative!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this image and the colors just pop off of the card--and this is such a great card to celebrate Family!
Get out of town!!! OMGosh my jaw dropped at this creation! The acetate with the small plane off to the side is sheer brilliance!!! Beautifully done, all the way around - Kudos!!
ReplyDelete*Blessings to you, Dueling Darlin!*
Oh My Word! The way you attached the plane with acetate!!!!!!!!!!!!! The words that Kelly used "Sheer Brilliance" was my exact words before I saw her comment! *giggle* I'm mesmerized by that! Great job Terry! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Terry!! I'm so excited to be joining you ladies in the Dueling Darlings!
ReplyDeleteWowee, this card is COOL! I had to do a double take, cause I was like--wait how did she do that?? AWESOME! You are so clever and this card definitely has the WOW factor!! No, YOU GO, GIRL!! ;)
HUGS
WOW!WOW!WOW! Fantastic card, Terry! What an eye-popping creation!! Love the layout with the raised and beautifully colored image panel! Love, love, love how you fastened the airplane with acetate and the trailing banner!!! Marvelous creativity!!! Sounds like you have some warm, fun Thanksgiving Day memories.
ReplyDeleteTerry: your airplane flying freely off the card is BRILLIANT!!! Truly inspired! LOL, I see that others used brilliant to describe your creativity as well. Certainly is well deserved! Your coloring of Emelia is gorgeous (love her hair), and the sentiment? Perfection.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow Terry...you are so creative and awesome...I love how you used the acetate to connect the plane to the card...(Come teach me how to make cards...pretty please)...love, love, love this...Great card and great story/memory...I love being in the duel with you...big hugs.
ReplyDeleteAll right, you need to get a job! LOL :) If you don't you will be on some paper crafting magazine cover.
ReplyDeleteThis card is so very creative and cute. Great ideas and you executed them so well.
Great job!
Oh my goodness... aren't you CLEVER! I love the plane... flying off of your card. That is just too cool!!! Your card is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLoved hearing your story of Thanksgivings past. Sounds like great memories were made!
whoawwwwwwww! can I say SHEER GENIUS?? love loveeee this card with the suspended airplane!!
ReplyDeleteso sooo cleverrrr of you!!...and you find a perfect spot for the lil button brad too with your 'towed' sentiment!! yeahh...I see that we both used similar ribbon/pin treatment/woot woot!:o)
what an awesome, awesome card!!♥
Aaaaaahhh this is awesome! I love the flying airplane. Oh how creative! And what a perfect sentiment for ths image! And I like her with either gloves or hands! LOL. Outstanding job.
ReplyDelete