Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's December Duel time!

Good morning and happy December 15th! It's duel time today and I can't wait to see what the Divas and Dazzlers have come up with this month!

The hostesses for this round are Michelle for the Dazzlers and Barb for the Divas. Michelle sent us a great kit filled with cute papers, glittery snowflakes, silver ribbon and thread/cording and the cutest image! I love this image from WhipperSnapper "Snow is Overrated!", he is just the cutest thing and makes me think that I would look just like him if I ever got up on skiis!

Here is my card:




I managed to use everything in the kit except the silver cording, and I really like how it turned out! After I put all of the layers together, I ran the whole card front through the Bigshot with a plaid embossing folder to give it a bit more dimension.

Thanks for stopping by...and don't forget to check out the rest of the cards made by the talented Divas and Dazzlers.....links are in my right sidebar!

LJ and I are hostesses for January, we have our theme all picked out and ready to go! I just need to dig through my stash and put together the kits! See you at the next duel!


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Terry! Your card is PERFECT! I love the way you cleverly embossed the ENTIRE card front. I would have never thought to do that... you are an inspiration to me!

    What a great layout, too. And your coloring! Wonderful!!!

    I am excited to see what you'll have for us next month.

    Thanks for Dueling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry--I love the colors you used on the image--it matches the sweet papers you used too.

    Cute Layout and wonderful embellishments.

    Thanks for being a part of this fun dual this month and showing us your Winter Travel? card....... too bad the cute guy stopped traveling..............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how clever! Making squares out of the DP & then embossing the whole panel. Genius! Of course he's colored to perfection and mounted so well. Love the snow too! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! I love what you did with the ribbon and accents! This is very cute! love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card turned out so cute with your great ideas! I really like the embossing (have to remember that!) and the cute color tie in on his scarf. Great card this round, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry - I love this!

    The layout really makes the image pop out :) The I love all the snow you added to the image. That is so cool!

    I can't wait for next month's duel either! Going to be so fun putting together these kits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Terry you never cease to amaze me with your awesome cards...You truly are an inspiration to me...Love your card and layout...great coloring and how clever to run the background through the bigshot with an embossing folder...great job on this months challenge...I am so glad we are duelers together and most of all I'm so thankful you are my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific card, Terry! This little Whipper Snapper snowman image is just adorable and you've colored him so beautifully. Love the oval die cuts and the background arrangement of patterned paper panels...terrific layout! Lovely use of brad and ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoahh! GORGEOUS fun card Terry! Love that cute immie Michelle sent us...I didn't realize (but not surprise!) that it's a WS until I read your post...you truly did an amazing job w/the 4 square b/ground all embossed too...I also really like your bow/snowflake treatment....it fits just perfectly!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh SUPAH cute!! I'm loving the red, white and blue look! He's such cutie and the oval focal point of Prescott is a perfect balance to the squares! Love this, Terry!

    Blessings to you, my friend!
    x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is super cute. Love the circles around the image and the coloring of the image is wonderful. And that perfectly tied and embellished bow is beautiful. Awesome card all the way around!

    ReplyDelete