Friday, February 15, 2013

Dueling Darlings - ♥ It's All About Love ♥

Today is the 15th and it's time to Duel!

This months hostesses are Judy for the Divas and Paola (my sweet WPS) for the Dazzlers, and here is the theme sent to us work with this round:

Paola and Judy  have chosen this theme of love based on the Bible verses from Corinthians 13: 4, 7, 13

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud…It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres…And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” (New International Version)

There is so much about love to celebrate in February, besides the forever traditional day of love, Valentine’s Day on Feb. 14th.

Some celebrations that take place this month ,and that may inspire you as you create your card for the upcoming duel, are:

American Heart Month
International Friend Month
Random Acts of Kindness Week (10th – 16th in 2013)
Brotherhood/Sisterhood Week (17th – 23rd in 2013)
Send a Card to a Friend Day (Feb. 7th)
Love Your Pet Day (Feb. 21st)
Family Day (Feb 18, 2013 in Canada)

With this theme in mind we would like you to sow the seeds of love and kindness you have received in your life. You are challenged to pay it forward by performing a kind gesture and doing it anonymously! The week of the 10th – 16th may be the perfect opportunity for you to do this.

With that being said, here is my card:


I loved the kit WPS sent to the Dazzlers, it was full of a ton of very cool stuff.....here is the list:

Designer Papers from My Mind’s Eye (Love Me) : 'Hearts'
Pinecone Press (Be Mine) : 'Smoochie' and 'Checkmate'
Ribbon from Recollections (Michaels): red glitter; pink glitter; red and white satin
Divine Twine: pink, white and red twine floss
Heart Wood Clip: ' Celebrate It' (Michaels)
Pink bling hearts baubles (Michaels)
Prima flowers -from my stash-
Various heart brads -from my stash-
1/2" Epoxy Brads 'Sending Love' from SU
Buttons - from my stash-
Stamped images and sentiments, all from SU! : 'Summer by the Sea' ; Circle sentiment : 'Riveting'

As you can see, there was so much to choose from, and I couldn't use everything so I chose the used all of the different papers, the circle sentiment, the bakers twine and the heart brad. To that, I added my own Kraft and Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  I like it, very simple and it could be used for anyone!

Thanks for stopping by and please be sure you visit the Divas and Dazzlers to see what everyone else created....links are in my right sidebar!

See you at the next duel!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the banners! Weren't those papers great?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Terry, this card is over-the-top creative! How impressive! I love that you showcased the gorgeous papers and that fun circle image. Lovely job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wonderful card, Terry! Love how you created a banner with all the designer papers and the twine...so stunning! The added circle sentiment and the hearts are the perfect touch...Elegant simplicity! Thanks for your friendship and sharing your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry--I love your card. Using the designer papers as the banner is so creaive. I love the layout and it is a great card!

    I am so glad you are a part of this fun duel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on this kit, Terry! I love the banners! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how Tou used the kit! A very stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your banners turned out great. I really need to try that again - maybe using a square punch and mine keep getting shorter and shorter when I try to get them straight! LOL

    I love how you feature the DP itself. We all had the same papers, I am just realizing. I know, I am slow! LOL

    Great job this round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding!!! Very creative to feature the papers and create an interesting layout and a versatile card! You are one clever card maker! The papers were so pretty and your card showcases them so well. Great job on this round!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Terry, how awesome is this card...totally unique and just as stunning. Love how you showcased the amazing dsp by using the twine to support the banner...great job and a very fun card....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! I love the banners with the placement of the sentiment. It is such a crisp and clean card and so beautifully done. I love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am laaateeeee for leaving some love this round...but here I am....finally!♥
    ...and oh my! my dahling WPS this card is sooo adorable...(even w/out the image) I totally LOVEEEE how well it shows off all the great d/p's Judy and I bought together last summer, when we met in Seattle at Kadie's palce...*wink*
    I MUST case this banners' idea...sooner than soon ,probbaly this coming week in fact *wink*
    Ohh and yes indeed we both used the circle sentiment SAME way!...great minds eh! lol ♥
    Thank you for your partecipation in Judy's and mine 'double trick' this month ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gaaaaaaaah, this is a show stopper! Love the design and the banners just are over the top creative! Beautifully done and a wonderful way to think outside the box! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete