Here is our message from April:
Hello Duelers!
What a great theme Kadie and I have for you this month!
Being that we post on the 15th, we decided to go with the obvious, St. Patrick's Day! Rather than wishing everyone luck, we would like you to somehow use the enclosed Celtic Blessing. We are indeed blessed to be part of this group!!
The kits are filled with things we hope you will enjoy using to bless another! Please, let us know of a recent RAK you have initiated or been the recipient of!
Happy creating!
I had every intention of taking a picture of the kit before I made my card, but of course I didn't. There was so much included, that I had a hard time using everything, but I tried. The kit from April included:
- 3 gold brads
- Picture clips in white, black and brown
- Kaiser paper flowers
- Assorted ribbon
- Paper: Heidi Grace Shimmer Foil Clover
- Karen Foster Shamrocks
- Lucky Limeade cardstock - SU!
- Computer generated Celtic Blessing
- Image: MFT ala mode 'Wishing You Luck"
I managed to use the Shamrocks DP, Lucky Limeade cardstock, all of the paper flowers, a gold brad, 2 of the ribbons and the Celtic Blessing. Pretty good for me ☺ The only thing I added was the card base of Basic Black SU! cardstock. The image is colored in Copics.
Here is my card:
I really like how this card turned out, and I hope you like it too!
The final part of this challenge is to mention a RAK (random act of kindness) that I have either initiated, or been the recipient of. Well, I went shopping with my mom and younger sister on Friday. We went to Kohl's and spent quite a bit of money, us giving mom money and she paid since she had a 30% off coupon. It's also Kohl's cash time and mom got $30 worth due to all of our purchases. I figured she would keep it since it was her 30% off discount, but she gave it to me. That was very unexpected, and very nice of her to do. I am going to use that cash to get Steve a new pair of tennis shoes....even though I could easily spend it on myself. So, I guess I am paying it forward too.
Thank you for stopping by! Please stop by all of the Darlings to view their creations, links are in my right sidebar!
I love how your card turned out! Great use of so many elements...which I failed to use....lol
ReplyDeleteSo great that we get to Duel together each month!
Terry, what a beauty! Love how you used that gorgeous shamrock paper prominently on the front, and the flowers with the ribbons, really draws the eye to the Blessing. Your coloring of the image is perfect! A fantastic card this round and loved your story of shopping with Mom & sis. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful! I love how you used the ribbons as leaves. What a great idea! :)
ReplyDeleteStunning card, Terry - love the bold coloring of the image, it really brings your card right out!
ReplyDeleteAnd a sweet story you've shared :)
*Irish* you blessings, my friend! <3 You!
Terry, this is GORGEOUS!! I love your whole layout with the image off to the left and how you've done the flowers with the ribbons behind them! Beautiful! And what a sweet RAK story! (and side note...Kohls is such a fun store!) I'm so blessed to be part of this wonderful group with you! Hugs, kadie
ReplyDeleteThis card is fantabulous! I realllyyyyy love how you implemented some of the ribbons Terry!!
ReplyDeleteTotally great j ob dahling WPS!! ♡♡♡♡♡
Oh my goodness Terry, I love your card, I love the layout , I love your coloring. I love how you used your kit...You never disappoint...great job on this challenge...♥
ReplyDeleteTerry--I really like this card. Love the colors and the layout adn all of the components of the kit that you used.
ReplyDeleteGreat Kohl's story too. AND--I love the new blog template--very pretty!
Oh I so love how that flower looks with the ribbons cut under it. You had a great idea there. I too like how your card turned out.
ReplyDeleteI guess I need to take a look at Kohl's....you had some great bargains!
This is such a pretty card! Love the layout you used... so classy. And your coloring of the image is a WOW factor!
ReplyDeletePerpetual card my friend. Love the layout and the way you used the flower and ribbon.
ReplyDeleteSupposed to say beautiful card! Lol
ReplyDelete