Our Hostess, Miss March, aka Tami, aka BlueInks on SCS came up with this challenge for us:
Um, I hope I do not hurt anyone's feelings here but we are all a little bit of paper hoarders!!!
Well, we are going to have to give up the security blanket for March. I would like to see your best created card with NO designer paper. *gasp*.....*thud* {I think J just hit the floor}.
So go ahead and grab your 'old school stamps' - yep, like a set you have not used in years - and create a card for the Calendar Girls.
Oh, and let's try to keep in theme with 'use what'cha got', please no new purchases for this round. Use what'cha got...well, everything but designer paper that is!
I cannot wait to see what my friends come up with. It is always something to look forward to!
I don't always use designer papers on my cards, so I knew I could come up with something. I also knew that Easter was coming up and I had to make cards for the nieces and nephews. What a great opportunity to get two things out of the way at once!
Here is my card:
I used a pack of really old, generic cardstock on this one. I don't even know why I had it or where it came from but the colors were perfect for a "springy" and "Eastery" card. I am not usually a pastel girl, but this works and I think they turned out cute.
I used an old retired SU! set "A Good Egg" that hasn't seen ink in many years, and the egg shells are paper pieced ☺
I hope I lived up to the challenge and I am glad you stopped by!
Terry! WOW!!! I love the way you did the cardstock behind the image. So colorful and creative! You are amazingly talented - with and without DP!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're a Calendar Girl!!!
Oh how CUTE, Terry!! You are so right, the pastels are perfect and that little chickie with his paper pieced egg shell is too cute for words. Love this card!
ReplyDeleteThis is great, 'chick'a!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you took the time to piece the egg.....gives even more dimension to your card!
Sweet Card Terry. I love the layers of dotted pastel colors. Cute stamp you used too!
ReplyDeleteIt's a perfectly springy and Eastery card! That is my most favorite embossing folder...the one I usually go to. Love the panels of different colored paper and sweet image. The nieces and/or nephews will love it.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute card, Terry! Love the adorning pastel colored panels - swiss dots remains one of my all time faves :) Great coloring of this cutie!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the Birthday wishes!
Blessed that you are a Calendar Girl! x0x0
awwww...such an adorable chickee card WPS...Totally loved the look of this....the colorful pastel c/s and the swiss dot emb/ goes very well with it!~ You sure rocked this challenge my dear~~Love it!♥
ReplyDeletePS: ohmygosh...looking at the blog feed I can see that we both used similar colors...too funny! yeahhh US!!lol
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely adorable...so soft and inviting...great job with the challenge and another amazing creation!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet, this card is! I really like the pastel colors and how they look with the dry embossed dots. That image is cuter than cute too!
ReplyDeleteSee, just a perfect way to use up that 'forgotten' cardstock!
Great job on this challenge, thanks!
Such a sweet card! Great embossing :)
ReplyDeleteGreat card. Love the pastels. That chick is such a cutie!
ReplyDelete