Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Globetrotting

Good morning. I am late for the September duel. Time just got away from me and before I knew it, it was the 15th and I had no card to show you.

This month, our hostess for the Dazzlers is April......and for the Divas it was Kadie and they came up with the following challenge for us:

Globetrotting and Getting Down to Your Roots

For September we decided that since there are so many cute stamps out right now with different country themes, that we would travel the globe and celebrate culture!
Please find enclosed in your kit, a stamp that represents a certain country and papers and embellishments to match this travel theme. Feel free to make this month’s challenge your own in any way. Whether it be with a sentiment or embellishment that reflects your own heritage or just by sharing with us in your post what your heritage is and what traditions you have in your family that celebrate those origins.

Looking forward to seeing your creations!
Kadie and April

To tell the truth friends, I loved the heritage and tradition theme and chose to send generic people that you can customize! I hope you don't mind!

I kept the accessories in black and white theme so they can coordinate with your design!

The stamps are from two sets from
CTMH:
Family Ties - Adult
Family Ties - Children

The embellishments are from Michael's


I have to be honest....I had a hard time with this one. I had absolutely no clue what to make that would include something about my heritage. I ended up creating a card geared toward road trips. Steve and I have taken lots of road trips in the past (not many lately, and they usually involve buying car parts). I do love getting in a car and just driving, going somewhere I have never been and it always feels like a mini vacation.

I am 100% Polish. One of our traditions is The Breaking of the Oplatek. On Christmas Eve, we each take a piece of the wafer and go around the room breaking off a piece from each family members wafer and wishing them a Merry Christmas. Breaking off and exchanging part of opłatek with someone is symbol of forgiveness between two people and is meant to remind participants of the importance of Christmas, God, and family.

So, here is my card. Steve is on the left (minus glasses) and I am on the right and we are taking a road trip ☺



I feel bad that the only things I used from the kit were the images and 2 pearls that I used for the headlights.....but I think it works.

Thaks for stopping by! Please visit all of the Dazzler and Divas blogs to view their creations. Links are in my right sidebar.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Cute card, Terry! What fun!!! (I do hope you're the one driving, though, since Steve is without his glasses. ;))

    I loved hearing your Christmas tradition. Not being Polish, I had never heard of that before. Such a great way to celebrate the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Terry! So cute with you and your DH represented by the cute images. I think the paper and the car image are also great representations of your travels!! I really, really, loved reading about your Polish tradition of "The Breaking of the Oplatek" and it's meaning...What a wonderful symbol of forgiveness and the reminder of the importance of Christmas,God and family. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a keeper Terry--even if you had a hard time getting a concept down. I love how you used the images to show a road trip--how fun!

    What a great story about the Polish Traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry, I absolutely LOVE your road trip idea for the card. This is too too cute, especially with you and Steve in the circles! CA-UTE! And thanks for sharing about your Polish heritage with us! What a wonderful tradition. Hugs to you, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is cute! I love the car image :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for this round - a road trip!! Wish that I thought of that! Those headlights are too cute.

    I really enjoyed reading about your Polish heritage and the Oplatek tradition. It sounds very special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super adorable card! I really like the car and how you incorporated 'Steve & Terry' into the card via picture! Clever.

    I liked learning your family tradition. Do you think it would work if I bought a box of wafers and sent them around to family during the year?! ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card TOTALLY ROCKS Terry!!
    LOVE your awesome interpretation of the challenge april gave us...and what a challenge....I was stumped for a while...lol
    (ps:sorry for my delay in commenting...life's been crazy busy here....)

    ReplyDelete