Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Calendar Girls - August

Hello everyone!

Today is the 28th and time to reveal this months Calendar Girls creation!

Miss August, a.k.a.Paola, a.k.a Sama, a.k.a. WPS came up with the following challenge for us:

For the usually HOT and HUMID month of AUGUST, I would rather do something to get cooled off ...but what?
mmmm..I got it! We could make some SNOWballs....or even SNOWangels in the middle of summer, but how? ♥

Here's what I suggest :
Your challenge for this month is to create something with anything that begins with the word SNOW.
However, here's the catch: Your card should NOT reflect Christmas at all...
...but rather just images AND sentiment ( s ) that start with *SNOW*.

Here's a list of compound words for you to chose from and get started with...(feel free to add your own)
Once you blog your card, please also make sure to add what was your word choice
that your card reflects, and also WHY you selected THAT particular word...
Thank You and happy stamping .....Have FUN 'chilling out' on a hot summer day....♥

Paola
aka Miss August ♥

SNOW words:
Snowman ; Snowberries ; Snowballs ; SnowWhite ; Snowplow ; Snowsuit ; Snowflakes ; Snowqueen ;
Snowmobile ; Snowshoes ; Snowcone ; Snowangels ; Snowfort ; Snowbird ; Snowgoose ; Snowfall.


 

Here is my card:

 

I used an image of a SNOWman.....and the sentiment also uses the "punny" word SNOWbuddy. I used the image/sentiment from Stampin' Up because it totally fit the theme! When I took this picture, the thermometer said it was 109° in the sun......yuck-o!

Thanks for stopping by! Please visit all of the Calendar Girls blogs listed in my left sidebar!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Terry, what a fun card! The sentiment is fabulous! And the snowman makes me smile, he's so cute! I love the winter colors and the great layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie Terry. Love the sentiment and all of the layers with it. Great choice of colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh I loveeeeee the soft cicled background and the adorable snowman U chose to create with...
    Absoluty lovely card with a fun ,cool sentiment too...
    thanks for being a Calendar Girl!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry what a cutie. Love the saying. Snowmen are pretty popular this round. I think thermometers should cap at 100. 109 is wayyyy too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this is a gem! What a perfect paper choice to go with this cutie!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card. Love the cute image and bright colors. I think it is great that you took the picture in front of blooming flowers and it was over 100 degrees...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terry! Such a cute snowman image...love how he's tossing the snowball! And that sentiment is so cute...Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely need this little guy to come visit - 109° UGH!

    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love him! The shabby look to the DP looks great on the card. You layered the sentiment a creative way. Cute!

    ReplyDelete