Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Calendar Girls 2014!

Hello everyone! It's Calendar Girl time! OK, so I am a bit later than I wanted to be (would have liked to be on time this morning, but unfortunately I was not). Things have been a bit crazy since I started working again.....don't get me wrong, I love working but it has taken lots of crafting time away.

Anyway, here is our January theme:

January Hostess: Jeanette

If you’ve ever been any of the swap threads that I participate in, you know that I like holidays, normal ones, weird one, funny ones. EVERY day is worth a celebration. So, for this month’s Calendar Girl challenge, I want you to select a holiday that is CLOSE TO your own birthday and make a card for that holiday. If you need help finding holidays, check out
this wonderful site. .

For instance, Barb’s birthday is in October, right? So she could choose to make a Halloween card, since Halloween is close to her birthday. Or… she could choose a lesser known (dare we say quirky) holiday such as National Family Bowling Day (the 11th), National Grouch Day (the 15th) or Dictionary Day (the 16th). Now please don’t feel like you HAVE to make a card that is for that holiday… just one that is inspired by that holiday. For instance, Barb’s Grouch Day could be a “Cheer Up/I Care” sort of card or an “I’m sorry! I really messed up” sort of card. Or the Dictionary Day card could include a flower punched out of the page of an old dictionary.

I hope you’ll have fun with this challenge. I’ll look forward to seeing what you come up with when we post on our blogs on January 28th!


So, I went to the website Jeanette gave us and look what I found.....some very interesting holidays and observances for my birthday, or the week of my birthday:

*Johnny Appleseed Day: 26
Love Note Day: 26
Link (4th Friday)

Save The Koala Day: 26 Link (Last Friday)
*Shamu the Whale Day: 26

Farm Animal Awareness Week: 20-26 Link (Stars on 3rd Saturday)
Banned Books Week: 21-27 (Last Week)

Build A Better Image Week: 21-27 (Third Full Week)
Deaf Dog Awareness Week: 21-27
Link (Last Full Week)

Deaf Awareness Week: 21-28 Link (Last Week)
National Clean Hands Week: 21-28
(Third Full Week)
National Farm & Ranch Safety and Health Week: 21-27 (Third Full Week)
National Indoor Plant Week: 21-27 (Third Full Week)
National Rehabilitation Awareness Week: 21-27 (Third Full Week)
National Singles Week: 21-27 (Last Full Week)
National Dog Week: 21-27 (Always last week) Link and Link

National Historically Black Colleges & Universities Week: 21-27
National Keep Kids Creative Week: 21-27 (Last Week)
Remember to Register to Vote Week: 21-27
(Last Week)
Sea Otter Awareness Week: 21-27
Link (Last Week)
Tolkien Week: 21-27 (Third Week that Hobbit Day falls on = 9/22)

World Reflexology Week: 21-27 (Last Full Week)
International Interpreters and Translators Week: 22-30 (Last Full Week)
International Women's E-Commerce Days: 22-29


I chose to go with "Love Note Day". This "holiday falls on the 4th Friday in September, so it will not be on my birthday every year.

Here is my card:

 





Thank you for stopping by! I will try to be on time next month!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh Terry, this is LOVEly! Such a pretty card and great quote/sentiment! What a great way to celebrate Love Note Day!

    I'm so glad you are a Calendar Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How appropriate that you would be born on LOVE note day, as you are a LOVEly lady! Your card is just wonderful, what a great design!

    Hugs to you, Calendar Girl pal! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean you don't have time to craft all day now?! ;)

    I really like how this card turned out. The simplicity works just perfect with the special paper, making it more than a CAS card to me. I really think you made the perfect banner.

    Great card this round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card Terry. Great layout and I am glad you picked that holiday to celebrate!

    I am glad to be in this group with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet card for your perfect choice of 'holiday'....Love is all around! Great job WPS!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful. I love the simplicity of it. The glitter paper is so striking and the sentiment soooo true. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete