Saturday, February 15, 2014

Love is in the air Darlings!

Hi everyone and Happy Valentine's Day (one day late)!!

Our Duel this month is being led by Debbie for the Dazzlers and Barb for the Divas.

Here is what Debbie sent:

Hello Darlings—welcome to our February Challenge.

I (this is Barb) am writing this sheet of instructions for myself to all of the Divas and also for Debbie for all of the Dazzlers. Our theme for February 15th is Feel the Love!

With the post being the day after Valentine’s Day, we wanted the love to continue for another day……………………..

Debbie has stamped the sentiment The Fruit is the Spirit of Love for both teams to use. She is not sure of the company who made the stamp as the name is blurred on the wood. You must use the sentiment on your card, but you also can add any image of your choosing if you want. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and Brown along with Stampin’ Up Real Red

And here is what Debbie sent in the kit for us to use:

Ribbons from Stampin' Up!
Doily - Wilton cake decorating
Flowers - Joann's
Lg white brad/brown brad - Stampin' Up!
Heart brads - ???? My stash
Plaid DP - Hot Off the Press - Christmas Plaid
Heart DP - Hot Off the Press - Lots of Love
"Love" DP - me & My Big Ideas
And here is my card:


Now there was and added little bonus for us that came along with the kit:

Here is the deal—this month we are honoring each of our founders, Jeanette and Kelly. (They are getting a different set of details, without this part). So—please use the theme Feel the Love to show your love to your leader or to both of them if you wish. You can tell of some of the things you “love” about them or point out some of the things you know they love—books, family, God, coloring, etc.

Jeanette is our leader, and here are some of the things I love about her:

  • she is kind
  • she is funny
  • she is sweet.....but can also show her sassy side without a problem (I like that about her)
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you visit all of the other Darlings to see their creations!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Terry - such a fun layout with so much detail at the same time!

    Blessed to be part of the DDD group with you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the layout and your ribbons are tied perfectly every time! How do you do that? Very pretty card. And, yes, J is a lil sassy, in such a fun way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that fatty textured ribbon! It looks really good with the layout you created. Like I wanna pet it! LOL The mix of red hues are perfect - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Terry! Yours is the first of the DDD blogs I've made it to.... and I had no idea what Deb/Barb had in store for this round. You've surprised me and blessed me beyond words! THANK YOU for all your sweet words about me!

    And WOW! I love love LOVE your card. It is truly beautiful! I thought the monochromatic papers, images, embellishments would produce some masterpieces among the Dazzlers... and yours is certainly one of them!

    I'm glad we're DDD's together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Terry! Great use of those fabulous papers! And wonderful sentiments about our dear, Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful monochromatic look to your card Terry...absolutly stunning in red and white!Love the layered and the fnishing touch you gave to the ribbon. Truly lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Terry, I love your style. It is always so refreshing and wonderful. This card is no exception. Well done my sweet friend...I am so blessed to have met you and hope to see you again soon...

    Big hugs...♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terry--what a cute card. I love the layout and the ribbon is just perfect!

    Thanks for making such a cute card with the kit Debbie sent and honoring our leaders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! I love how you used all the papers! Great card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Terry! What a delicious card! Pretty papers arranged in a delightful layout which highlights that wonderful stamped sentiment image!! Love the pretty ribbon tied in a bow! Thanks for sharing your loving thoughts about Jeanette! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Terry! Love this card!! I especially like the layout and how you used the ribbon across the top. (I like it better than how I used mine!)

    Jeanette's sassy side is fun, isn't it?

    I am thankful for your friendship and can't wait for us to get together again!

    ReplyDelete