Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's Duel time!

OK......so I am fashionably late for duel time. Please forgive me. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to post my card yesterday due to no internet. It's a long story.......

Anyway......this month's hostess is Melina for the Dazzlers and here is what she sent to us:

THEME: ANGELS ~ more specifically, THE DAZZLERS ARE ANGELS!

INCLUDED IN YOUR KIT:
~ image: C.C. Designs "Peace on Earth"
~ teal papers: Recollections
~ textured paper: DCWV
~ acetate sheet: Crafter's Companion
~ white bag/pocket: Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique on FB
~ buttons: MFT
~ dewdrops: The Robin's Nest
~ fabric flower: Wal-Mart
~ thick baker's twine: Maya Road

Carol and I want to hear any "Angels Unaware" stories you may have or something about the person that is considered an angel to you, in your life when you post on the 15th.

Here is my card:


This was a cute image, and fun to color.....the only part I don't like about these types of images is that they don't have a mouth.....so I drew one in ☺ I know that's terrible, but I had to do it.

Right now I consider my hubby Steve to be my angel. He was behind me 100% when I quit my last job and went back to school. I now have a job I love, close to home and we are both happier now!

Thanks for stopping by! See you on time next month!!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Terry--I love your card and I think the die you used is just perfect. I really like how you added the brads and the coloring is awesome. However, I feel ALL of the Dueling Darlings are Angels--not just the Dazzlers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, is right! That die cut you used looks great. I like the blue on blue papers together. I really like the button flower you created on the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry this is so sweet!! Love this muchly - beautiful, crisp and clean and just stands right out! Lovely job, my friend!

    Blessings to you our ANGEL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my favorite part of this entire card is the little smile you gave her!!!!!! LOVE IT! The shape is wonderful you used to cut out the image and it looks even better with the dewdrops at the top and bottom! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry, your card is so sweet! I love the way you cut the image piece and placed the dew drops on it. And the flower/button - WOW! Absolutely adorable card!

    I am glad your angel is in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry, this is so dang cute! I love the layout, how you used those lovely DPs, your coloring and her little mouth!! (totally agree with you, wish I had thought of adding one myself!)

    I also have to agree, that Steve is definitely your angel. And you are an angel to me! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card Terry. The white die cut behind the image makes the angel pop out, very nice. Placement of the embellishments is perfect. Glad you love your new job and you and hubby are happier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Terry. It made me giggle when you said you drew a mouth as I know Magnolia's are the same and you once made a comment about that...:). I love the layout of the card, and the way you used your kit. I'm so glad you are in a better place with your job...just shows mean and nasty didn't get the best of you thanks to your hard work and your Angel's support...way to go. I am so glad we are duelers and friends....! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful use of a terrific kit...love your sweet angel and your layout rocks!♥

    ReplyDelete