I had the pleasure of being the hostess this month for the Dazzlers. Barb is this months hostess for the Divas. We got together and came up with our theme months ago and this is what we came up with:
This month’s theme for
you all is “Show Your Patriotism”.
In the USA, June 14th
is Flag Day, so Barb and I have decided to put together kits filled with all
things Red, White and Blue!
In doing research on
Flag Day I found all sorts of different information on how it came about being
celebrated as a National Observance. Here is the description of how the flag
was officially adopted:
June 14, 1777 —
Continental Congress adopts the following: Resolved: that the flag of the
United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be
thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation. Stars represent Delaware (December 7,
1787 ), Pennsylvania (December 12, 1787 ), New Jersey (December 18, 1787 ), Georgia (January 2, 1788 ), Connecticut (January 9, 1788 ), Massachusetts (February 6, 1788 ), Maryland (April 28, 1788 ), South Carolina (May 23, 1788 ), New Hampshire (June 21, 1788 ), Virginia
(June 25, 1788 ), New York (July 26,
1788 ), North Carolina (November 21,
1789 ), and Rhode Island (May 29, 1790 )
Please create a card
showing your Patriotism. As an added challenge please let us all know what you
personally think of when you see the flag!
****Paola, since you are not from the US, I challenge you to use the
colors of the Canadian Flag of red and white for your project if you choose!
Have fun creating!!
The kits included the following items:
Image: Unity "Celebrate"
DP: My Minds Eye "Pieced Pinwheels", Colorbok "Stars and Stripes"
Solid Cardstock: Core'dinations "Deep Navy", "Burgandy" and "Snowcap"
Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards Candi "Prince Charming", "Icing Sugar" and "Regal Ruby"
Rhinestones: Red and Clear - The Paper Studio
Blue Twine: Studio 112
Buttons: Miscellaneous from JoAnn's
The kits included the following items:
Image: Unity "Celebrate"
DP: My Minds Eye "Pieced Pinwheels", Colorbok "Stars and Stripes"
Solid Cardstock: Core'dinations "Deep Navy", "Burgandy" and "Snowcap"
Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards Candi "Prince Charming", "Icing Sugar" and "Regal Ruby"
Rhinestones: Red and Clear - The Paper Studio
Blue Twine: Studio 112
Buttons: Miscellaneous from JoAnn's
When I see the flag I think of all the service men and women that have fought for the freedom of our country. God Bless America!
I hope you had fun with our challenge!
Fabulous card, Terry! What a great card design! This was a fun last summer hurrah theme - I look forward to more fun in the fall!! <3
ReplyDeleteTerry ~ this is a great card!
ReplyDeleteI love the cross-pattern you created with the paper. It's different from all of the cards you usually see - very eye-catching!
Thanks to you and barb for coming up with a great theme for this month!
XOXOXO LJ
Terry--this card is way cute. I love the strips of cardstock and all of the added bling. Thanks for a great challenge this month--partner!
ReplyDeleteWow, wow, wow, what a great layout. You did a wonderful job on the kits and the sentiment really is highlighted and is a great focal point on the card....Well done my friend. Well done....so glad we are friends.....
ReplyDeleteTerry, I am so behind in commenting on blogs... so somehow I missed posting here. Your patriotic card is beautiful! A unique layout/design - that shows off all those papers, etc. You are so creative!
ReplyDeleteThis card is a total *WOW*!...love all the colors together, the strips of separate papers add a lot of dimension to your beautiful card as well...Your Patriotism is very well portrayed here ♥
ReplyDeleteOkay...all I can say is this an AMAZING card!!!!
ReplyDelete