Saturday, July 15, 2017

Midsummer Night's Dream and lots of Roses

Hello!! Welcome to Duel Day! I have double the duels for you today, since I didn't get my June card made in time.

First off, is my JULY card. The awesome WPS (aka Paola) was the hostess for the Dazzlers this month and here is what she sent:

This kit had a theme of "Midsummer Night's Dream" - taken from the Shakespeare play!

DESIGNER PAPER : 
Graphic45 ( Nature Sketchbook Collection)
* Flora Fascination # 4501476
* Wildflower Bouquet # 4501478
* The Sprinkling Limited Edition Colors c/s stack
STAMPS:
Fairy Sweet by Penny Black ( illustrated by M.Manning) 
Maple Leaf by SU 
Sentiments( sm) by Inkadinkado ( lrg) by Great Impression E655
ACCESSORIES:
* turquoise deco dots and tourquise candy floss by American Crafts
* grosgrain ribbon by SU
* red sheer ribbon ; turquoise jewels ; Bazzil flower blossoms - From my stash
* red and green foliage dies and fairy post die - From my dies' collection


 

We had a bit of a mix-up with our images. At first we thought that we couldn't use the Penny Black image that was sent to us (but turns out we could use it). Unfortunately, we found out after I had my card made. I ended up using a fairy that I found on Pinterest as a free coloring page. 

For an added challenge, we were asked to add a maple leaf to our card. Both hostesses for this month are from Canada, and July 1st marked Canada's 150th Birthday! Can you see mine? I added not one, but four :-) Hope I did Canada proud!


My added card today goes back to our June Duel. Tracie was our hostess and she sent us the pretty Rose stamped images to work with.

These items were in our kits:

Image - Flourishes - Calendar Set 2
Designer paper - Neapolitan by American Crafts - Dear Lizzy
Embellishments - doilies, misc flowers, gems and lace, MS leaf punch



Here is my card:



Thank you for stopping by! hope you enjoyed both of my cards today. Please visit the Dazzler and Diva blogs on my right sidebar to see more of our dueling fun!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Terry, both of your cards are beautiful!!! Thank you for dueling with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fairy you chose...pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW what a card. I love it. You never disappoint. Loge the fairy image you chose as well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this fairy sitting on a mushroom. Great card layout really love the willow branches die cut. Your rose card is also beautiful- mine is still waiting for me to create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the image you picked for the duel.Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are both lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry--I love both of these cards. The little fairy is so sweet and I love the layout of both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off July:
    Gorgeous!! Love those 4 little maple leaves and the image is perfect. So sweet!

    Next up June:
    I really like how delicately you colored the roses. It really sets them off against the darker DP. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry, both cards are so pretty! You did a great job - lovely coloring on both and a great use of the kit to create these two beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards, Terry! Love the vibrant colors, paper and darling fairy on the Midsummer Night's Dream card. Pretty colored roses mounted on that delicate lacy doily create a lovely tribute to the month of June.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cards. I really like that cool fairy image and the small maple leafs you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards turned out great! I like the July card and the whimsical feel to it. The colors look really good together. The June card has a great vintage feel. Like roses at grandma's house!

    ReplyDelete