It's duel day....the 15th of the month. This month the hostess for the Dazzlers is Tracie, and for the Divas is Barb. They came up with the following duel for us:
February 20th is "Love Your Pet Day" so we decided this challenge would be pet related.
In the Dazzler kits:
- Image - Newton's Nook "Fetching Friendship"
- Designer paper - Aunthetique "Companions"
- Ribbons and brads from Tracie's stash
Here is the card I created:
For an extra challenge we were asked to post a picture of our favorite animal whether it be ours or just a funny picture. I don't have any animals, but in college the guys upstairs from us had a miniature poodle named Mandy. She was a sweet dog that spent more of her time in our part of the house. When the school year was over the owner left her with me since I stayed in the house over summer as I was working a full time job at that time. I came home for lunch one day and she was gone....Brad had come to pick her up. He left me a note written in crayon thanking me for taking good care of her. I didn't get to say goodbye :-( This is not Mandy, but this is what she looked like:
Thank you for stopping by!


OMgoodness, Terry! Your story of Mandy is making me teary eyed! I'm sorry you didn't get to say goodbye .... but HELLO to your adorable card! What a fabulous card design! (and I spy with my little eye some awesome MFT dies! We drool/swoon/shop in the same places!) ♥
ReplyDeleteOh Terry... I'm weeping here after reading about Mandy. What a cruel thing for her owner to do.
ReplyDeleteYour card, on the other hand, is bringing a great big smile to my face, as it is soooooo sweet!
Really sad that you didn't get to say goodbye to Mandy. It's always said to say good-bye to any pet for any reason. Such a sweet card. I love the blue cardstock. It sets off the paw print paper so well. Great card!
ReplyDeleteYour card is very sweet Terry--I love the die you used for the image. And, Mandy seems like a sweet dog and I am happy you had a great summer with her!
ReplyDeleteVery cute card! I’m going to use this guy on my next card from this kit.
ReplyDeleteOh My goodness Terry what a cute card. I love this card. What a great layout. I love your coloring. What a wonderful job you have done with your kit.
ReplyDeleteAww Terry - this is such an adorable card. I Love the die you used on the main image.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you didn't get to say good bye to Mandy.
Oh Terry love your card and especially your story about Mandy.
ReplyDeleteAwww, that is so sad- he came and took the pup and you did not get to say goodbye.... I hope he stopped by later for a visit! Your card is wonderful- love the layout you used. Very cute die or shape cut out for the pup!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors you used and the layout you created. It all goes together perfectly! Now about Mandy.....Brad should have his hair pulled!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! Love the patterns.
ReplyDelete