Wednesday, August 12, 2020

I'm a mess!!

Good morning!

Today is August 12th, and time for a messy reveal! My life has been a mess lately. Mother Nature has not been kind. LOL.

The Hot Mess = Success group has grown to 6! Jeanette, Barb, Kelly, Carol, Darlene and myself! I admit that this challenge has been just that: a challenge! I have a difficult time with messy techniques.

While creating another card, I came up with a technique new to me using Distress oxide inks and baby wipes. While cleaning a stencil with a baby wipe I dabbed the extra ink onto cardstock and really liked how it looked, kind of like a tie die/sponged effect. My fingers were covered with ink!

Here is a card I made using that piece of cardstock:


 
Thank you for stopping by! Off to create a big mess!

Terry



6 comments:

  1. WOW! Terry, this looks awesome! I love the subtle background (you happened upon a great technique) really makes the bold sentiment pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, what a great card. I love the background you created. The colors are subtle and bold at the same time. They really highlight your sentiment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry--what a sweet background! The colors are fun and then to add the Big Birthday Wishes is so cool. Outstanding Job. Good luck in your other mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well shucks! I hoped it was my birthday since this cards ROCKS! Alas, it is not - LOL! Terry, glad to see you back to making messes - I mean, cards - and this one is super fun! Thinking good thoughts for you with the aftermath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy and beautiful accident you came upon! I just love the background. I'm going to give this a try, thanks for the lesson! The sentiment in big, bold, black is perfect for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous background Terry - love the effect of the baby wipes and oxides!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete