For our challenge this month, I wanted to challenge us with a three-fer. It is the third month after all!
1. Since Spring is right around the corner and I am so looking forward to it, I'd like everyone to use a stamp/stamps/digi(s) that portray something YOU are looking forward to! It can be Spring, Summer, vacation, a holiday, or even a nice dinner!
2. I'd like you to use a technique or product that "scares" you. In my case, it could be glitter or spray Smooch. Just make it something that you admire and have procrstinated trying or using!
3. Lastly, I'd like you to use the attched sketch. You can interpret it however loosely you wish. I would just like CS/DP to follow my sketch - add all the layers and embellies you see fit. The sketch can be rotated and proportions can change - it is just a rough drawing!
Here is her sketch:

I put together my card thinking of summer vacation with the family, spent in Northern Wisconsin fishing, boating, tubing, skiing and sitting around talking.
I followed April's sketch making a 6" x 6" square card (adding the image in a circle to her original sketch). The technique that scares me is the sewing. I don't have a problem sewing material...but when it comes to paper, I don't do so good. Since I don't do so good, I don't do it often (or should I say ever??)!!
Here is my card....I hope you all enjoy it!!
Thank you all for looking! I am Miss April....and I already have my theme ☺
Terry
Image: My Favorite Things - "Something's Fishy"
Paper: DCWV (Green Outdoors), Bazzill (Rain Forest), SU Night of Navy, GP white
Ink: Memento Black, Copics
Accessories: silver metal dots (JoAnn's)
Oh Terry! I love your card!!! It is absolutely darling!!! When I saw that Alamode stamp at MFT, it made me almost want to take up fishing just so I'd have a reason to buy/use it. I resisted, since I'm really not the fishing type. But to see it on your card has me wishing again! And the color scheme you used is beautiful. All around perfect card!!!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh Terry, this is fabulous! I couldn't wait to see which A la mode you picked when you said you had one for your card and now to see it, it's beautiful! THis is just a great representation of your family vacation, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! x0x0
ReplyDeleteI love this Terry!! You did a wonderful job on this! We too love camping and the great outdoors!! And you made my sketch look fabulous!! Thank you, my friend!
ReplyDeleteCute Cute Card Terry. Love the image and the thoughts of fishing sure make me think that good weather will be here soon.
ReplyDeleteTerry this card is wonderful!! I just knew that was the new set you were going to use. It's the same one I ordered!! LOL!! Love the colors and the dp and the way you used April's sketch. Well done!
ReplyDeleteOh my Terry, this card is absolutely stunning...I just love it. So fun and playful and so crisp. I love your work...you do such a wonderful job, you need to come give me lessons...AWESOME card my friend...♥
ReplyDeleteLook at you sew, Sister! You go!!! What a darling card. I love how you used the DP to create sentiments. Good idea. I love that image. It would remind my dad of when we used to fish - of course he would bait my hook and still does!
ReplyDeleteOh my...your card is awesome! I really love that image, it reminds me of our time at the cabin.
ReplyDeleteholeeetoledooo WPSistah!!
ReplyDeleteThis card is way wayyyy at the top Terry!
SUPERLATIVE indeed....so many details too...
Love the image and how U used some of the dp sentiments to showcase them on their own...
This is astunning card my dear!
btw...guess what? I LUV fishing too! (salmons!) :o)