Thursday, April 28, 2011

Calendar Girls Challenge - April

Greetings from Miss April - yep, that's me! This month was my turn to come up with a challenge and present it to all my wonderful fellow Calendar Girls!

Here is my challenge:

Show me your April showers!

I have 2 requirements for you:

1. Use an image with a duck, a puddle, an umbrella or anything resembling rain or water!
2. Use a fun technique on your card that is “water” related!

Here are some fun techniques for you to think about:

• Gel (water) Card
• Misting with Markers
• Waterfall Card
• Wiper Card
• Wet Paper Watercoloring
• Watercolor your image with pencils and an aqua painter
• Use Crystal Effects
• Emboss acetate

Here is my card:



I used a Fiskars embossing plate for my background (which I just noticed that I put onto my card UPSIDE DOWN!! Hehehehe....ooopsie!). Oh well. Anyway, I sponged SU! Bashful Blue ink over the top to make the raindrops pop. The image is from Stamping Bella - Billybootabella - and it was one of the mini limited edition stamps that I got free with an order last year. I colored her in Copics, mounted the image on a SU! Real Red scallopped oval cut with my Nestabilities. I added some ribbon, some brads and a small sentiment from the SU! set Teeny Tiny Wishes. For my final requirement I covered her umbrella and boots in Crystal Effects and here is a close-up so you can see what I see in real life:



I really hope you enjoyed my challenge ☺ I also hope you hop on over to all of the Calendar Girls blogs to check out their creations....the blogs are all listed in my left hand column!

Thank you for looking....and I hope all of the April showers we have been getting will bring you all beautiful May flowers!!

Terry

9 comments:

  1. What a fun card Terry and a fun challenge as well (even though I kinda messed mine up :(...) I love your rain and image and like always your card is classy and fun....Great job done by a very talented stamper...hugs my friend...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raindrops don't have a top and bottom, so I don't see that your fabby 'dp' is upside down! You rocked this challenge, and I don't think I pulled if off nearly as well as the rest of the Calendar girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great challenge Terry and your card is perfect! I love that background--might need to look for it.................... This image is so cute--love the shiny boots and umbrella.

    Sweet card--gotta love the showers and know they will soon be over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a wonderful challege. Your card is so cute! Love the texture plate you used, I think I need one. The image is perfect too! Thanks again for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forest Gump says it can rain all directions even UP!! :) Cute card!! Love the way the Crystal Effects makes the umbrella and boots pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great challenge this month. I am sorry that I realized reading everyone's posts that I totally missed the April Showers part! Duh?!

    Your card is so cute. The rain is perfect. I like the blue and red together. Shiny boots and umbrella are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dahlin WPsistha!
    let me pick up my jaws first...
    this card is sooo classy and I love the Bella U used here, w/her dual color combo tones of red and blue.I absolutly MUST get that embossing folder..how clever to lighlty 'dust' it w/color it too! It sure make the nestied image pop!
    Such a wonderful card Terry! Luv it!!!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Terry... she is darling! I love the glossy red boots and that incredible umbrella. Very creative! And I'd have never ever noticed your oopsie if you hadn't told me. LOL!

    I loved your challenge. It was incredibly fun and looking at everyone's creativity is so inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry, this is so cute & classy!! Love the colors together and such a fun image too! Don't you just love Crystal Effects?!

    ReplyDelete