Good morning everyone!
It's April 28th, and time to post our Calendar Girls creations. I am Miss April and I came up with the following challenge:
What is a Barn Quilt? A barn quilt is an 8 foot by 8 foot replica of a quilt block made of plywood and hung on the side of old barns here in Wisconsin. There are hundreds throughout the state and I love seeing them up close and personal. Here are some examples:
My challenge to you is to use one of the following quilt blocks to create this months card:
I hope everyone had a great time with this challenge, I know I did! I love to quilt, so this type of card is good practice for the real thing. Working with paper is totally different than working with fabric, but I really enjoy both.
Here is my card:
I picked out the papers in my craft room and then headed to the basement where there is fluorescent lighting and realized that the pinks really don't match. Then I thought about it and realized that when putting together a real quilt the fabrics rarely have the exact same colors. Anyway, I ran my squares through the Cuttlebug with a folder I have never used and I ended up putting them in the folder upside down, and not on purpose.....but the great thing is when I took them out and put them together the embossing actually looks like the stitching on a quilt. Yay for me!!
Thank you for stopping by...and don't forget to check out the rest of the Calendar Girls creations, the links can be found in the left sidebar of my blog.
Terry








Oh my gosh, so cute! We did use the same layout, but yours is much cuter. Funny thing is...I was going to add a pearl to the middle, and put it through the cuttlebug...but ended not doing it.
ReplyDeleteGreat job...Great challenge!
Yay for you is right...this is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!! It really does look like a hand stitched quilt. Great pick of design ;)...this was truly a wonderful challenge and so darn clever. I had thought of running my papers through the C/B as I was thinking of how to approach this challenge (before I picked which design I was going to use). Then SR moments took over and I was back to square one...lol...you have created a MASTERPIECE...so well done. I love your style and am inspired by you all the time...I am truly blessed to call you friend...mwahh ♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness.....this is a winner. You are going to have to make a lot of these, as this turned out great!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors and the embossing makes the card. Funny how little mistakes end up being the best element of the card.
I still do not know how I went from a ladybug theme to Christmas on my card....super wrong turn!!!!
So strikingly beautiful! Love the softness of your card and the texturized paper. Nice touch! Perfect little flower embellishment at the center.
ReplyDeleteOHH *WOW*!!! Terry this is truly trulyyyyyyyyyyyyyy drop dead *STUNNING*!...Love everything about this card, from its soft colors palette to the fabby 'faux stiching' via embossing (how clever of you!)BTW I really loved the challenge! I just wished my card looked like a real mini quilt as yours does! I MUST case this!
ReplyDelete(can you please tell me the size of your square patches?? txs hunn) ♥
This card is perfect! I love the colors and the idea that you and Michelle had about putting through the cuttlebug is great--would never have thought of that.
ReplyDeleteLove the challenge this month and you sure rocked it!
Terry, first let me say that this challenge is BRILLIANT!! What a great idea to create quilted cards!
ReplyDeleteI love yours, and totally agree with you: the "mistake" with the embossing really does make it look like fabric and stitching! Way to go!
This card goes into my bookmarks for the future. It's a masterpiece!
THUD!! Oh my stars, what a challenge - one you felt from the heart and shared with us, a challenge indeed but that's what we love best! I am in awe of your card creation - so stunningly beautiful. I can only imagine the beauty of seeing these IRL outside of barns - what a joy! I'll be up soon, I pray, with my challenge card - blessings! x0x0
ReplyDeleteWow! What a beautiful card, Terry! Your color combination is a favorite of mine and absolutely love the quilt pattern and lovely papers!! What a happy accident with the embossing folder...the perfect touch on a perfectly lovely card.
ReplyDeleteYour barn pictures are inspiring me to visit Wisconsin! Love them!!!