Monday, May 28, 2012

Calendar Girls - Happy Memorial Day!

This month, Miss May (aka Barb, aka barbaralynn on SCS) presented us with this challenge:

Memorial Day--a day of honor, remembrance, family picnics, parades, flags placed at cemeteries, concerts and the unofficial start to summer! So the challenge this month for the Calendar Girls is to ink up a patriotic stamp, get out the red/white/blue paper and DSP to post a card that shouts respect to your country and those who have served in the past. I would also like you to note in your post on the 28th what is in your plans this year or what typically has been part of your celebration in the past years on Memorial Day. Paola--my challenge to you is to also show us your Canadian Patriotism with a card that reflects the colors and images that you are proud of.


Here is my card in it's red, white and blue glory:
 
 
Barb also asked us to share something that is part of our Memorial Day celebrations.....well, we don't do much to celebrate anymore, but when I was young a parade would march down my parents street early on memorial Day morning. I remember sitting on the front steps as a little girl watching the parade. As I got older I would race outside once I heard the marching bands drums start to beat, somtimes missing half the parade before I got outside! I'm not sure if the parade still happens, so I'll have to give my parents a call later to find out!
 
Thank for visiting! Happy Memorial Day to all!
 
Terry

10 comments:

  1. A lovely card and even lovelier memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, I just love this card! The plaid DP is so cool, and the stamped sentiment: PERFECT! Love the stars also. What a great memory of the parades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with plaid lately and this card is no exception!

    Great layout to feature the sentiment and the stars.

    Super job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Terry...your talent and cards just knock me over...I love your style and how classy your cards look...this is no exception. This is an absolute perfect card for this very special holiday....enjoy....♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the CAS look. Love the bright colors and great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Card! Terry--this is so darn cute and I love reading your memories too!

    Thanks for making such a great card on this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! Its perfect...the dp's..love that plaid, and the sentiment! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww what a PERFECT large sentiment this is...and to use it as a focal point in the card makes it stunning! Wonderfully executed CAS card WPS ...elegant and somber! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHH such a beauty! Love this muchly! Classic and elegant! So happy you are a Calendar Girl with us! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terry, your card is so pretty! I love that Hero piece and the patriotic feel. Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete