Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's Dueling time...are you game?

Happy August 15th! Today is Dueling Day for the Divas and the Dazzlers. This months hostesses are Kelly for the Divas and Jeanette for the Dazzlers.

In honor of this week being National Scrabble week, our theme is "Are You Game?" Jeanette sent us a fun filled kit including the following items:

Image: Art Impressions - Bingo (UM3511)
DP: Tessa Collins Freestyle Collection
Embossed paper using Tim Holtz folders: Mini Bingo (SU Tempting Turquoise), Mini Rays (SU Pumpkin Pie), and Mini Ticket (SU Pixie Pink)
Embellishments: Moerz Corp Organdy ribbon, Prima flowers, Studio 18 rhinestones, star shaped brads

....and we each got a Scrabble tile with our initial on it!

As a little extra challenge this month were asked to do "something we have never done" before with our kit.

Here is my card:


This kit was filled with lots of fun stuff to use, and the papers were all color coordinated. I chose to use only one of the papers, the bingo card and the buttons. The extra challenge part comes in with how I placed the layers on my card. Usually I have to have everything exact and straight on my cards....this time I set things on not one, but two different angles. I know it's not much, but it is something I never do!

Hope you like it, and thinks for looking!

Terry

11 comments:

  1. I love your card....and the fact you tilted your elements!

    It sure was a fun kit and I am so glad we get to duel it out on a monthly basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Totally Terry, this is Totally Tilted and completely wonderful! I also get all hung up on having things straight and lined up - why is that? This makes such a festive and fun feel to the card, congrats on a new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! I love how you used the buttons! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card, Terry! Love how you set the embossed Bingo and the iamge panels at an angle!! Those bright buttons are the perfect finishing touch!! Bright, Beautiful, Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout turned out great! We both went on the skew with our image.

    The colors are perfect and I like how you highlighted the image. The buttons look fabby too....I struggle with buttons and you made them look easy.

    Really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry--your card is so darn cute. That image puts a smile on my face and your layout is perfect!

    Thanks for sharing such a cute card and being a part of a great group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautifullllllllllll card my darlin WPSistah! I love its simple elegance to it, even with the fun theme...U sure know how to put it together VERY well!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card Terry. I love all the buttons up in the corner and the offset layer of embossed bingo card and image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry, your card is awesome! I love the tilt(s) you used... definitely you should do this again! It adds a playfulness to your creation! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Terry, your card is awesome. I love your creations...so crisp and clean...your layout is TDF and the color scheme wow...great job on this card.....♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh fun stuff!! This is a great card design - love the Bingo embossing peeking out at the side :) Did you see we went with WhippaSnappah? LOL! I thought about you :) Hugs! x0x0

    ReplyDelete