Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Fab Five - Calendar Girls Challenge

Hello! It's the 28th already and time to share another Calendar Girls creation with you!

This months hostess is Debbie aka Miss August and here is her challenge:

**********************************************************************************

Calendar Girls Olympics!

Since the Summer Olympics are now going on, I decided the theme for this month would be our very own Calendar Girls Olympic challenge. There are two parts to this month’s theme:

1. The colors of the rings on the Olympic flag are: blue, yellow, black, green and red. Your card must have at least one embellishment and it must be in one of those colors.

2. Please make a card based on one of the Olympic events. The events in this summer’s Olympics are: Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Boxing, Canoeing, Cycling, Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Soccer, Gymnastics, Handball, Judo, Rowing, Sailing, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Track and Field, Trampoline, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, and Wrestling.

So, here are some examples…I have a stamp of a women jogging, making a card with this stamp, my card represents the Track and Field Event. That one is pretty obvious.

But in case you think you don’t have a stamp that you can use to make a card…look again, and this time, think outside of the box. That means…you may have a horse stamp, a card with that image represents the Equestrian event. You have Bikini Sophie, she could either be representing the Swimming event or perhaps she is waiting for her Beach Volleyball event to start. You have a sporting set so you use the basketball, your card is representing Basketball. You have sailboat image, your card is representing the Sailing event. You get the idea!!!

Or you have those cute Riley Travel Sticker stamps. So your card is going to represent the Olympic Opening Ceremony representing the USA, or Australia, etc. Or make a card representing the host country, Great Britain.

And lastly, when posting to your blog, please let us know what your card represents about the Olympics.

Please get creative with what you have. Use die cuts, stickers, stamps, whatever you have. I do not want anyone to have to go out and buy something.

Have fun!!!


Looking forward to seeing all your gold medal winning creations!

**********************************************************************************

We were able to see quite a bit of the Olympics this year and I always look forward to the gymnastics in the Summer Games. It's exciting to watch all of the amazing things these girls can do.



This year, the "Fab Five", McKayla Maroney, Jordyn Wieber, Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman and Kyla Ross took home the Team Gold Medal! Go USA!!!! Gabby Douglas also took home the Gold in the Individual All-Around, Aly Raisman took home Gold in Floor Exercise, McKayla Maroney took home Silver in Vault, and Aly Raisman took home Bronze in Beam! Way to go girls!!

So, in honor of these five young ladies, I put together the following card. I did not have any stamps that I could think of that would work for any sport so I hopped on the internet and found some clip art of a gymnast on Beam. I printed it out, then die cut it with my new Hexagon die from PTI and put it altogether. I used the colors of the Olympic rings at the top of the card, and also as my base layers. After I was done I realized that I did not have my "one embellishment" requirement....so I went to the warehouse (aka my basement) and found some brads (yellow and gold are kind of the same, so I think it works). I added 3 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze to symbolize the medals that these amazing ladies brought home!!


Hope you like my creation!! Thank you for looking ☺

Terry

7 comments:

  1. Seriously!! Terry, this is da bomb!! I am in awe of your creativity!! You totally got all the elements of the Olympics from the fabby Hexagons to the 5 golds - this is AMAZING! And I thought I loved me some layers but holy hanna, this is over the top! You ROCKED OUT this challenge, my friend! A gold medal in crafting goes to you!! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... Terry, this card is FABULOUS!!! I love that image/clipart... and your card... WOW!!! You have certainly managed to capture the essence of Deb's challenge in a stunning way! I think you win the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super creative! I love the brads symbolizing the medals! Holy cow!

    And Kelly is right....check out those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry--this card is awesome! I love the background and it is so creative! Love all of the colors and how the brads are used.

    You sure rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You stop with that die cut! It is the best!!!! I love this card. Your attention to the color details really show.

    Gold for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Terry, you never cease to amaze me with your awesome creativity. I so love your style and love this card...wow, what an awesome way to rock this challenge. I love the ring colors on the top and the fact you used the correct colored brads for the metals brought home...you rocked this challenge for sure..a definite "gold" metal on this card...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgosh! Your card is amazing! I love the layers of cardstock and hexagons in the ring colors and adding the brads for the medal colors was a terrific idea! Way to think outside the box and get ever so creative. You get the gold!

    ReplyDelete