Miss September is my WPS, Paola and here is her challenge to all of us:
Hello Calendar Girls,
To honour a dear longtime friend of mine who passed away early today, I would like to request that you create a beautiful card using the following guidelines:
Your card must be a fancy fold, and have apples stamped on it -and colored-
(OR, if you don't own any apples's stamps, apples can be incorporated on your cards via designer papers,stickers,dies etc..), plus have at least one 3-D butterfly on your card too.
The main colors used for this challenge are to be your own favourite colors (use at least two of them please, and tell us which ones they are once you blog it.)
Why the apples/butterflies combos you may ask?
My friend used to bring me tons and tons of beautiful apples from her garden at about this time of the year as the fall season just starts to appear, and today, at the hospice, she was covered in a gorgeous handmade blanket full of beautiful colorful butterflies as we said our final goodbye....A bigger 3-D all white sequined butterfly was placed on top of her heart too...♥
Please note: Your cards are NOT to be sympathy cards at all, please keep them ‘happy/festive’ - as a celebration of LIFE in general! ♥
♥ Hug a friend today...life's way too short!
Here is my card:
And a view of the shadow box fold from the bottom up:
We were asked to use an image of an apple on our card.....but I couldn't find any in my stash so I die cut the tree, colored it with copics and then attached the hole punch apples to make an apple tree. I hope this counts as an apple image ☺
The second requirement was to add at least one 3-D butterfly. I cut mine from red glitter paper, attached it to the corner and added rhinestones for the body. I hope that it's 3-d enough for the challenge too ☺
The third requirement was to use a fancy fold. I used the Shadow Box Card tutorial on Splitcoaststampers for my card. It's the first time making one of these and I think it turned out pretty cool!
Lastly, we were to use at least 2 of our favorite colors. Mine are blue (background behind tree), and red (well, it's obvious where that is used)! I did not add a sentiment since we are all sending our cards to Paola for her to use as she wishes ☺
Thank you for stopping by! See you next month....Miss October (Tami) will be giving us the next challenge!
Oh Terry, this is just as sweet as can be - the sheer brilliance of your design of the apple tree! It is remarkably crafted and a joy to see - love the bright pop of red! Beautiful!! So happy to have you as a Calendar Girl, my friend - Blessings!
ReplyDeleteOH MY!!! this card is awesomeeee...love the gorgeous die cut tree showcasing here and all your cute little the red apples on it and the glittery butterfly....The combination of colors truly make this gorgeous card pop WPS! I must try making this awesome fold sometimes...thanks for the inspiration my friend! I am blessed to be a Calendar Girl alongside you ♥
ReplyDeleteTerry--your card is a masterpiece! Love the shadowbox and the image is perfect! You did rock this challenge!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! Terry, your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the Shadow Box! I've admired them, but never tried to make one. Your apple tree is certainly pretty... and that butterfly is perfect. What a great way to mesh the requirements of Paola's challenge!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're a calendar girl!!!
Just stop with all of the great ideas and cuteness. I can't take anymore in one card!!!! This is so perfect.
ReplyDeleteSee how a little more time on your hands makes your creativity come out?!
Super job, Terry!
Well now, isn't this just the COOLEST thing??? I'm going to have to check out that tutorial for sure, thank you Terry!!
ReplyDeleteLove the bright red, the creative way you made an applie tree, everything about this card is great!
Omgosh! How amazing this card is! The shadow box show cases the apple tree just perfectly. And genius of you to use glitter paper for the butterfly. I love this card it is simply beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...WOW, WOW, WOW, first off a shadow box card....be still my soul....you did an amazing job. Then you clever girl, die cut a tree and used a punch for the apples...brilliant...but the best...a GLITTER butterfly...Amazing job my sweet friend...♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteOkay, I have never seen a card like this...darn you for enabling me! Love it and your glitzy flutterby is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSorry I was late getting here, I have been camping since Friday!