This months challenge was suggested by our very own Dazzler, Debbie. It made me think of this song for some odd reason.
Here is her challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
::::: drum roll ::::: Our Septmeber challenge - dubbed Debbie's Delight, hee hee - will be a stepping stone to the next round of Duels by having a collection of ALLLLL the kits!The dish: Know how we do our kits each month and we have LEFT OVERS? Each and every one of us probably didn't use every single thing in the kit, every single time!
The recipe: KEEP your extra items! That's right! From this month on, when you complete the Dueling Darlings cards, anything you DON'T use, keep it in a SAFE PLACE 6 months from now, after all the duels from all the divas and dazzlers have passed us by and September rolls around, that is what you will use! From the papers, to the ribbons, to the buttons to the all of left over, that will be your kit!
The Sit Down: The final result will be a collection of all things not used, recycling at it's best! When you get ready to sit down and play with your paper and beyond, it will be from all the kits - or some of the kits - that you've gotten and will reuse for the September challenge
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, when I heard we were going to be doing this I saved all of my leftovers from previous kits, and I didn't misplace any of it ☺
I only ended up using all of the papers....that's it. Some kits had lots of extra papers and some kits had just a tiny bit extra, but I was able to put some of everyone's into this card! I didn't think the card needed anything else! I also made a total of 8 of these cards (it took a total of 6 hours to do).....all different of course......and I will be sending one to each of the Dazzlers ☺
Here it is....and if you Dazzlers look closely, there is part of each of you in this card:
I used the PTI Cover Plate: Quatrefoil Die. I love, love, love these dies from PTI! The sentiment is Stampin' Up!
Thanks for stopping by! If you have a few minutes, please check out the rest of the cards created by the Dazzlers and the Divas.....blog links are in my right sidebar!
Terry
Oh my goodness! Terry, this is ingenious!!! I am in awe of your creativity! And what a BEAUTIFUL card!!!
ReplyDeleteYou sure know how to use leftovers! You've dazzled us!
Perfect! I must get that die!
ReplyDeleteIt is ironic that neither of us used an image....
Wow terry.......I am SPEECHLESS. This card is amazing!
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree, I MUST get that die.... :)
It's incredible how all those papers really do coordinate in their own special way :)
Amazing Effort! :)
LJ
Oh my goodness what an incredibly clever idea and beautiful card!!!! I love how you used some of each person's paper. And the sentiment is perfect for this card. It is beautiful, as are you!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with April--I need to get that die and the other one you use too!
ReplyDeleteGreat card--I love that you used a piece of each of the kits! Thanks for sharing such a pretty card with parts of all of the friendships we have made here!
Oh my word!! My mouth just hit the floor, Terry! This is absolutely unbelievably GORGEOUS!! What a fabulous die, I have not heard of it (but sho' nuf heading to look for it!!) WOW!!
ReplyDeleteI love how you incorporated a lil bit of everyone - this is truly a work of art!
*Blessings!*
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! This card is so perfect for the challenge! I love it.
ReplyDeleteThat die is just so versital. I need to take a peek at it. You have created so many cool things with it. I need to see how it works.
Great job, Terry!
Oh my goodness! I'm breathless! This is gorgeous! I love that die and never knew how I would use it to buy it....now I've got to have it! I adore your card Terry! Beautiful girl!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteohhhhhhh Terry!! what a GORGEOUS card this is!! Awesomely executed and so totally perfect!! LOVEEEE that die!!! *wowww* Kudos to U WPS!!♥
ReplyDeleteHoly cowbells (to steal a phrase from one of our dear friends). This is absolutely STUNNING...you have just blown this challenge clear out of the waters...WOW, WOW, WOW....my jaw has fallen and it can't get up...oh my...Great job Terry, I am so blessed to have you as a friend and fellow crafter...♥
ReplyDeleteWOW! WOW! WOW! This card is truly amazing!! Terry, all these designer papers in this Quatrefoil Die piece makes for a spectacular quilt. What a tribute to the Dazzlers kits!!!
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow!!! I can sure see why you love those dies - I'm going to have to check them out, this card is stunning! Looks like it took a long time to make, though. But certainly well worth it in the end!
ReplyDelete